iPad Upgraded from 6.1 to 7.0 & Don't Miss the Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TypeMRT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I always jailbreak my iPad & iPhone so I was surprised when I started using stock iOS 7 and didn't miss the jailbreak. I realized that it was the heavy chrome (gradients, drop shadows, etc) and lack of quick access to settings that I didn't like. The upgrade solved that so now I only really miss having the date in the status bar and the black keyboard. It's worth being able to get a feel for the new iOS and play around with the newly designed apps.

I will definitely be waiting for a jailbreak before I upgrade my iPhone! Tethering, 3Gunrestrictor, & Springtomize (20 icons per folder) are too good to give up on my most regularly used device.

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

You can put 20+ icons in a folder with iOS 7.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i miss bitesms/quick reply and the ability to have a free wireless hotspot (my current plan doesn't allow for that).

4. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

I came to realize that I miss swipeselect a lot and that Apple's looking glass is a pain. If jailbreak software is released I'll probably use it.

5. TypeMRT thread starter macrumors 6502

But in iOS 7 you have to swipe to the next page in the folder after just 9 icons. There's way too much spacing between icons on the iPad.

6. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I miss gridlock very bad. And that one tweak where I can make my screen not be yellow tinted. But I'm fine waiting until the new jail break releases

7. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I upgraded my iPhone and don't really miss the jailbreak. Except for maybe Zephyr. Tethering has stayed enabled on my phone since the upgrade becasue of TetherMe so I'm good there.

I will not be upgrading my iPad though until a jailbreak is released.