iPad Upgraded from an iPad 3 to iPad 4 and its so funny how...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by evasquez7, Nov 5, 2012.

1. evasquez7 macrumors member

I have no bluetooth issues with iOS6 on this iPad. On the iPad 3, by bluetooth cut in and out when I upgraded to iOS6. Also, my screen is white on the bottom half and yellow on the top half. :/

2. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

The ipad 4 uses LG screens.... Not Samsung like in the 3

3. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

?

Screen white on the bottom and yellow on the top half referring to your 3 or 4?

4. evasquez7 thread starter macrumors member

My 4. It's not yellow yellow, but it does have a yellowish tint.

5. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Would you rate the screen better or worse than the 3?

Also can you honestly feel 2x as fast on all applications you run on the 4?

I am debating if I should upgrade my 3 to a 4... I got a mini already though :)

6. evasquez7 thread starter macrumors member

It's hard to say. While typing this, the keyboard and website look more white on the left side and has a yellow tint on the right side. I am holding the screen in landscape with the home button to the left, and I must say the left side of the screen resembles what my ipad 3 would show while the right side is quite annoying. I just got this yesterday and will give it a few days to see if it fixes itself over time. But when watching hd YouTube vids or Hulu I feel the ipad 4 reproduces color and blacks a lot better then my ipad 3. Also the ipad 4 does indeed feel snappier, and the reason why i upgraded was not because of the speed, because really you probably won't be able to tell that much of a difference, but to be sure my ipad will be compatible with all the latest apps that will make use of this new processor.

7. Jnava420 macrumors regular

I would think about exchanging I'm holding my 4th gen just as you describe with my 3 next to me the 4 appears better but not by much I don't have this half white half yellow you mention I would go to apple and try to compare it to a display or see what a genius says

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

9. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Since you have both 3 and 4 right now, is 4 a worthy upgrade? (I don't do those graphic intensive games).

10. JS3 macrumors regular

My wifi sucked on my 3 and is incredible on my 4.

11. token787 macrumors regular

token787

I truly agree!

12. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

I did the same upgrade and I have to say that I'm happy with it.
    The thing is blazing fast, no lag whatsoever. The three didn't have a lot of lag either, but this thing has NONE, if that makes sense. $140 less lag? Hard to tell, low-hanging-fruit principle.

On the other hand, wifi is a lot more reliable, full bars all around the house vs 3 to 2 bars on the 3.

Screen is the same for me. I actually found my 4 to have a better screen. My 3 used to have a tinge of red on the right side of the ipad. Not a big deal but its there.
    On the 4 everything is more yellow, but at least it's even.
    Only downside I can think of is the FaceTime hd still sucks.
    But overall, happy with it.
    Would not have paid $200 for the upgrade, but for $140, I did it (sold my 3 at a good price on craigslist)

13. Jnava420 macrumors regular

Only if it matters to you that you have the latest and the dock connector I find myself using my gfs mini more than my 4 really it's not worth it

14. anubis1980 macrumors regular

I need better glasses, i thought you said "my wife..."

15. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Well, your post is a good start :D

Hahaha, I read wife the first time too.

16. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

return it if that is the case. Get a replacement.

17. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

My iPad Mini is white and no Wi-Fi issues yay!

Sounds like yellowing again.

18. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

My iPad also has a very minor tinge of yellow on part of the screen-- the lower right quadrant. It's only noticeable while scrutinizing on a solid white background. I will keep regardless, but hope its something that settles to a normal state after usage. Perhaps a pipe dream.

19. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

My iPad 4 has a distinctly yellow hue compared to my old iPad 2. It is pretty uniform across the screen however. As I have until the end of January to return it at Target, I will see if it 'settles' over the next few weeks. I'm also going to check out some display models at my local Apple store today, to see what the norm is.
    Coming from a 2, however, I am LOVING the retina. I get the same kick as I do whenever I use my iPhone 4S - everything is just so SHARP - now I can easily read websites in portrait because the smaller text is still so clearly defined.

20. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I just still love the mini even though i now have a big iPad.

21. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Hee hee hee...........

22. M87 macrumors 65816

My 4 display looks nicer than the 3 I had. The 3 always looked a bit washed out. Wi-Fi does seem better. I'm very happy with mine.