Upgraded my 1st gen to a 3rd gen but no I'm kind of regretting it.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Drucifer, May 21, 2010.

1. Drucifer macrumors regular

I haven't been here in a long time.

I recently upgraded my 1st gen to a 3rd gen but now I'm wondering if I should have just held off until Apple announced the 4th Gen iPod Touch which will likely come out later this year probably around September like the previous models.

Aside from a few rumors I'm not entirely sure what Apple could possible include in a 4th Gen that would make me want it over the 3rd Gen model. A camera would certainly be nice but I have a feeling it won't be that good of a camera anyway so who really cares.

Not really sure what other features may be rumored but the only other thing I can really think of that I would like is if they accepted SIM cards like the iPad to let you get 3G. This I doubt will happen so I'm left scratching my head. Another thing I would like is improved battery life.

What is everyones thoughts about the possible 4th Gen iPod Touch? My worry is I originally had a 1st Gen, they then released a 2nd Gen with some much needed features IMO such as the speaker. I was going to bite but held off then a 3rd Gen comes out with upgraded RAM which some apps or games take advantage of so I finally jumped and got one but now I'm thinking what will Apple do with the 4th Gen that will now limit me even more. :confused:

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If they do a new touch it's possible it'll have a camera and a clocked down a4 chip. No increase in ram or capacity.

As for the simcard thing. Well that's called an iPhone, from memory they have been on sale just shy of 3 years ;)

3. Drucifer thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just meant I thought it might be nice if they gave the iPod Touch the 3G capabilities that the iPad has. Like I said, I doubt this would happen for the single reason that it would take away from possible iPad sales.

Again the camera to me would most likely be useless. I guess another thing I never thought of was a higher resolution.

4. lord-sam macrumors newbie

the only definite thing is that you could have got OS 4.0 for free, as it is now, you'll probably have to pay $10/£6 for it.