Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

therealmrbob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Yep... Not sure what to do here, any help?

Just to clarify, the iPod works perfectly still.

it is jailbroken btw.

iTunes is not quiting or not working, it's just locked up.

and when I remove the iPod it starts working again just like normal (also, it shows the iPod in the devices for a split second like it was working and it got disconnected)

I know it wasn't the jailbraking that caused this.

I synced music a few times and added a movie last night.

I've been adding apps etc. all morning.
so I'm sure it has something to do with something I installed, anybody know what could cause this?

edit: I found a fix, I deleted my iTunes Library and then added all my music back, it worked but it pissed me off =P

this sucks... *goes getting all his album art back...*

itzdemo

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Austin Texas
yeah that happend to me also when i downgraded my itunes form 7.7 to 7.5. if you have music listed it will erorr till you go in and delete the .plist files.

and i seen like what your saying it will lock up just when the ipod is hooked up and run agin if you unhook it. just remeber if you play with itunes it's best to delete any info saved in itunes. most people don't like to do this but when you go to upgrading or downgrading it help with not getting errors.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
easiest thing for you to have done was export your library to an xml, deleted the xml file in the itunes folder located in music and then imported the xml after you downgraded iTunes and all your music would of been fine

therealmrbob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
easiest thing for you to have done was export your library to an xml, deleted the xml file in the itunes folder located in music and then imported the xml after you downgraded iTunes and all your music would of been fine
Ohh thanks.

I'll do that if it happens again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.