Upgraded to 3Gs but have Genius appt. for 3G - need to reactivate it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dansante, Jun 23, 2009.

1. dansante macrumors newbie

I upgraded to the 3G-s on Friday but I have a Genius Bar appointment for my old 3G tomorrow to address some issues and hopefully have it replaced due to the infamous cracks in the plastic casing. Do I need to put my SIM card back in the old 3G phone prior to the appointment? Will I need to reactivate it in iTunes or can I just swap the SIM right before the appointment? And, will reactivating the old phone cause problems with my newly extended AT&T contract on the 3G-s?

Thanks for any advice you might have!

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I would just bring the 3G without a sim in it, and bring your 3G S as well (With your sim in it of course). Explain everything to the Genius, you'll have no problem.

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

nah, i would just go in with your 3G. at the end of the day your 3G should still be under applecare warranty if you bought it at launch. they should be able to get it up and running in the store.

4. dansante thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping. The case cracking is the reason I figure they'll replace it, which obviously has nothing to do with the phone's ability to connect to AT&T, but I wasn't sure if that mattered.

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I got my 3G replaced for a crack above the dock connecter. I don't even have AT&T, my phone is unlocked. I went without a SIM.