Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HaroldC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
I did the update this afternoon and all was fine for a few hours. Was going to make a call tonight and the phone won't even turn on!!!! Nothing works!!! Hard reset.... nope. Plugging in phone to the computer...... nothing, doesn't even recognize that anything is plugged in!

And applecare is closed......

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

camel517

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
my download for 4.0.1 had about 30 sec left..i got scared and decided to hit cancel. Is everyone having these issues? or are their certain factors that make it occur?

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I did the update this afternoon and all was fine for a few hours. Was going to make a call tonight and the phone won't even turn on!!!! Nothing works!!! Hard reset.... nope. Plugging in phone to the computer...... nothing, doesn't even recognize that anything is plugged in!

And applecare is closed......

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Have you considered the possibility that the battery is flat? Have you tried plugging it in to a power source and then turning it on?

HaroldC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Try DFU mode and plugging it into the computer.

Ok that worked! Now it's syncing like there was nothing wrong! Thanks for the help! I was about to lose my mind!

I'm definitely bringing it to the Apple store tomorrow......

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Ok that worked! Now it's syncing like there was nothing wrong! Thanks for the help! I was about to lose my mind!

I'm definitely bringing it to the Apple store tomorrow......

No reason to bring it to the Apple store. Stuff like this happens all the time. Unless it continually has problems like this, have fun with your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.