Upgraded to 4.2.1 (saved my BB) but now stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryefield, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ryefield macrumors newbie

I followed this guide

I'm talking about an Iphone 4 of course
    But Tinyumbrella can't get me out of recovery mode, nor can iREB!

What do I do guys?

My goal is to now JailBreak the phone and then UNLOCK it (as I mentioned I saved the BaseBand on 01.59.00

*Weird: TinyUmbrella tells me my phone FW is 4.0.1 (which is what it used to be before the upgrade) and that my BB is '01.59.00-ICE_2_6'

Can I just JB it (whether with redsn0w or greenpois0n) from recovery mode? is it possible and would it get me out of recovery after JB is done?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes. Just run the latest version of GP and your iPhone will be jb and out of recovery.

3. ryefield thread starter macrumors newbie

didnt work:

first, the device cannot be turned off - holding both power and home buttons only makes it rebbot.
    second, i tried GP (latest). when it was "finished" my device's screen was full of DOS-like writing but noit didn't reboot or anything, just stayed like this. I manually rebooted by holding both button and now i'm back in recovery loop.

u reckon redsn0w's "just enter pwned DFU mode" option should help mate?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, redsnow is not updated yet to provide untethered to 4.2.1
    Try greenpoison again, it works.
    Or you could also create a custom 4.2.1 IPSW with pwnage if you got a mac computer.
    If not you're stuck using GP.