Upgraded to 6+ from 4s used iCloud backup but all the photos didn't transfer.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bgriz, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Bgriz macrumors newbie

Wife upgraded to a 6+ from 4s, had iCloud backup on, including photos. She was however on 7.?.? iOS on that 4s. When setting up the new phone, restored from a backup.....but only 400 out of 1000 photos moved.

Help me understand why this would be and what solution would there be to get the rest. I thought with iCloud backup on, and photos switched on, that they'd all be backed up and move over when restoring from backup. Any ideas?

2. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Are they completely missing? My wife's restore from backup left about 100 out of 500 pictures as just gray boxes.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

iCloud does a poor job restoring photos. Just a fact of life. Sadly, there is no real solution.

There are numerous existing threads discussing (although they are buried on back pages)

4. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

5. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

When you resolve your problem, save all your photos to computer and wipe out this POS - iCloud - from your life. That's what I did, and couldn't be happier. No iCloud - no problem.

As Steve would say, "It's THAT simple."

6. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

If u have your 4S still, take a new backup on icloud... And see if your icloud has space.. And then try restoring on your 6 again from the new backup.. Or you can use iTunes ... Backup 4S on iTunes and restore 6 on iTunes.