Upgraded to iLife '08, what the heck is going on with iPhoto in Finder?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by someone28624, Jan 10, 2008.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Yesterday I upgraded from iLife '06 to iLife '08. I went to attach a pic to a forum post and realized, eek, when I browed to my iPhoto library in the Finder window, clicking on the "iPhoto" icon doesn't open up my folders of pictures like it used to. Even when I'm not trying to upload, just browsing in finder, clicking the iPhoto icon opens iPhoto- it doesn't let me see my pics in finder.

What gives?

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

You aren't supposed to be going into the iPhoto Library from Finder so they made it a package. If you need photos from iPhoto, just drag them out of iPhoto to where you need them.

If you have Leopard, Apple added a Media section to the "Open file" box when you click the select file button in web pages where you can browse your iPhoto library without opening iPhoto in order to upload photos.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, that was changed in '08. ...But really, the folder organization remains the same, but it's in a "package." If you right-click the iPhoto Library icon and select "show package contents" you'll see the folders that you're familiar with.

...Although, I should add, there's really no reason to be messing around in there - you could cause a lot of problems. You can do everything straight from iPhoto.

4. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just want to be able to attach a pic to an email in Gmail without having to use Mail or Safari (I use Firefox) and without browsing to that pic in Finder, when I click "attach file" how do I do that?

5. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, just figured out what you meant by this. This works. Thanks.