Upgraded to iTunes 10, got an extra 2 GB of free space?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bawstun, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I had 10.6 GB remaining on my iPhone when I had iTunes 9, I just updated to iTunes 10 and now my apps are showing as taking up less space, less 'other' space as well, and now I have a total of 12.6 GB's free, but as far as I can tell nothing has changed, and all my apps are still synced, and I even downloaded one extra app. Is this normal? Anyone else experience extra free space when upgrading from 9 to 10?

2. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Strange... Mine stayed the same size... Are you sure didn’t remove some movies, tv shows, podcasts, and/or music? Something must have been removed...

3. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I've tried checking a million different things. All of my camera folders are still checked, it says "sync all music/videos" and they are all on there, and every app I've ever downloaded is still being synced. I can't find anything different.

4. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Ha - must have been some weird iTunes glitch. I just resynced again (and watched the status as it was syncing) and nothing new was added or taken away - but it jumped back to 10.6 GB by itself. Odd...

5. tzag macrumors member

tzag

samething happened to me but if you look into your iPhones About section in the actual iPhone it'll show the correct amount of space you have left in your phone :)

6. flight macrumors regular

Does iTunes still use binary instead of SI prefixes to address the amount of storage on connected devices? I know Snow Leopard switched to SI but perhaps some applications still use binary prefixes. Of course, that wouldn't explain the temporary glitch explained in the original post.

7. lostboyz macrumors member

lostboyz

i think u installed infinity folder and therefore the calculation went haywire.. same case as mine. try rebooting in safe mode and u can see the actual space again.

8. Blazing angel macrumors regular

on my 3g on ios 3.1.3 is had total 7.0gb, with 4.0 i have 6.90 gb