Upgrades in the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Leet Apple, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

I received a $500 Apple Gift card, I'm currently stuck in a 3 year contract (in my last 11 Months as of today) and I wanted to op out this year pay the $220 than sign a new 2 year contract and get the 5S.

Will the apple store be able to do that or do i have to sell this card and do the all the transactions at my local Fido Store?

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

$220 is the ETF? Pretty sure Apple won't collect Fido's ETF for them, gift card or otherwise.

3. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Well I guess I'll have to sell my gift card for a little less and just do the transaction cash, unless Apple does Cashback

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

What phone do you have now? If you have a 4S or 5, why not just sell it (take the SIM out), then take the cash and the gift card and buy a 16gb no contract 5S for $700? Then pop in the SIM from your sold phone and finish out the contract on the 5S. Then next year, you'll be eligible for a full upgrade.

I've literally sold phones and walked right into an Apple store with the proceeds...never missed a call.

5. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

my 4S on both sides shattered, i have a buyer for $100 but that leaves me with $600 iPhone 5S after tax is still $812. Tight on money so extending my contracts the only thing i can do