Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bweliky

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2020
I'm having issues on some of my systems -- I can't seem to figure it out

One system boots to the Apple logo in 10-15 seconds the other takes 30 seconds.

I've reinstalled High Sierra on the Intel Drive
I've reinstalled High Sierra on the original Apple SSD

Does anyone know how I can fix this please?

Will pay

mo5214

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2019
Post #5748

I have just received a Sabrent EC-NVME USB 3.1 enclosure which I have popped a spare 970 EVO into.

** SAMSUNG MAGICIAN WILL NOT ALLOW A FIRMWARE UPDATE IN THIS ENCLOSURE **

If your going down the EVO plus route, it may be more prudent to make sure you have a desktop / laptop running windows so you can upgrade the firmware if required, rather than rely on an external enclosure.

Actually Samsung ships the ISO to update firmware with. So You use tools like Etcher or rufus (on windows) to burn it on the flash and just boot from it so technically you won't need the seperate machine.

xsanthe

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
Hello, is there a difference if I buy a "pc"nvme disk or Transcend jetdrive 850 nvme in battery use and in hibernation ? Because I want to buy a bigger ssd for macbook pro 13 early 2015

Transcend jetdrive 850 nvme is more optimized for mac's than normal ssd nvme?

Last edited:

b0rd2dEAth

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2020
(Update on my recently bought 2015 MBP 15" i7 2.8GHz with the SX8200 Pro 2TB)

So I finally installed my SX8200 Pro 2TB. It was rather difficult to insert into the new Sintech adapter, felt like I was gonna break the SSD.. had to hold it by the sides and insert it at the same time as I pushed it from the back (no homo). With patience it finally popped in. I installed it with battery disconnected then slapped on the adhesive heat sink it came with, did a SMC reset & PRAM reset. I am getting pretty good results. Idles at about 0.18A, speeds around 2500MB/s Write, 2200 MB/s Read. Has Trim enabled (default). I partitioned it for macOS (800GB), Windows 10 (300GB) and an extra exFAT partition (900GB). Its easier to use a cheap 1TB SSD for the TimeMachine backup and useful to have extra SSD space for both macOS & Windows 10 to work with.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.37.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 2.13.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 2.14.17 AM.png

The fans blasted on the first couple startups with higher temperatures but that eventually stopped or happened less and the performance started evening out. I felt a bit concerned still so I decided to do something extra after reading more about the 2015 MBP's. Apparently the thermal paste wears out after 1-3 years under the CPU/GPU heatsink. I am able to confirm my stock 2015 MBP had very little. I attempted to use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and kept getting mixed results. Good temperatures at first, then hotter than usual under a stress test. So out of concern I shut it down and reattempted the application. Too much, too little, not even. I re-did it so many times and my results just felt unsatisfactory.. 90+ deg C when playing a game with Citra with fans at full speed with the GPU getting pretty hot as well.

So I decided to get the Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut. Carbonaut is a carbon pad that never needs to be replaced, is reusable and delivers perfect contact performance with decent conductivity. The IC Graphite pad doesn't perform as well as the Carbonaut when the Carbonaut is under a decent amount of compression. I got it on Amazon and decided to cut it from a larger sheet to save money and correct the size. I roughly measured the CPU and GPU die with a ruler, drew lines on a white paper business card marking the dimensions. Then I laid the pad on the card and used a good pair of scissors to precisely cut it while the corner of my thumb held it steady. After doing another SMC reset, PRAM reset and then putting it all back together, I am getting idle temperatures around 30-40 deg C with it dropping into the 30s more often than before. When playing Majora's Mask on Citra, I am now getting 58-75C with it keeping in the 60s more often than before as well (fans on).

Fans also completely stopped throttling after startup which I thought at first was because of the SSD. I didn't have many trials though with the SSD and old thermal paste before I replaced it. Overall, the laptop physically feels cooler than I previously remembered, especially when browsing the internet.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 2.04.40 AM.png

Anyways, these are just my results of setting up my 2015 15" MBP. I highly recommend the SX8200 Pro 2TB with the newer Sintech Adapter. No sleep issues at all for me. I also changed the sleep-hibernation delay and made a script to auto turn off wifi & bluetooth when closing the laptop & restart it when opening. Getting around 7 - 7 hours 30 mins battery life (88% health) usage with minimal battery dissipation when closed and put in my bag.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.35.15 AM.png

I also highly recommend the Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut to anyone with a MBP because thermal paste always need to be changed or else the CPU/GPU performance will decay over time. And please don't use liquid metal on your MBP. It will degrade the heat sink, CPU/GPU die, and will possibly need replacement by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Juttersbitter

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012

Will pay

Maybe this wil help: Select the boot disk in system preferences. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202796

Juttersbitter

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
I have 500GB not the 1TB version.Overall i'm satisfied with it.

A bit disappointed with a battery life, but im okay trading it for extra 400GB over stock 128GB SSD, More important for me that i have no longer have to choose between downloading several movies/storing large virtual machine image/having all folders from dropbox synced locally.

How are CPU temperatures for you? I installed a Kingston A2000 1TB with the short Sintech adapter in my MBPR 13" early 2015 2.9GHz 16GB RAM. Happy with the extra storage, and with hibernate mode 25 and short sleepdelays on battery, battery life is very good. BUT, even with new thermal paste my CPU idles around 49 C (compared to 34 with Apple SSD), with medium tasks around 70-85 C and sometimes on boot and intensive tasks peaks to 103 C (compared to max 85 C with Apple SSD). Measured and controlled with Macs Fan Control. This will damage my Macbook if this happens often.. and certainly reduce motherboard lifetime..

b0rd2dEAth

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2020
How are CPU temperatures for you? I installed a Kingston A2000 1TB with the short Sintech adapter in my MBPR 13" early 2015 2.9GHz 16GB RAM. Happy with the extra storage, and with hibernate mode 25 and short sleepdelays on battery, battery life is very good. BUT, even with new thermal paste my CPU idles around 49 C (compared to 34 with Apple SSD), with medium tasks around 70-85 C and sometimes on boot and intensive tasks peaks to 103 C (compared to max 85 C with Apple SSD). Measured and controlled with Macs Fan Control. This will damage my Macbook if this happens often.. and certainly reduce motherboard lifetime..

Try using Carbonaut and do a SMC and PRAM reset.. I had the same issue with thermal paste. you kind of have to angle the heat sink when you put it down. I think this makes the thermal paste spread somewhat unevenly. Also, when removing the heat sink, I kept noticing that most of the thermal paste got pressed out the sides of the CPU/GPU die leaving an inconsistent layer in between (probably because of the pressure). I am liking the Carbonaut myself. A high-end thermal paste might still provide slightly better performance, but it is inconsistent and only works as a short-term solution. With Carbonaut, the performance is pretty much within the temperatures I desire and is built to last for many years to come. Just be sure to cut it to fit the die. Leaving too much around the edges or on spaces surrounding the dies won't give you the ideal performance. I thought I could use one large sheet to cover the CPU area, but after I cut it into an L like shape it performed better. You also gotta make sure you don't move around the pad when you put the heat sink back on it, but as long as you're careful it should remain where you set it. Wish I took more pics, but at this point I really don't wanna take my heat sink back off again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juttersbitter

wabamad

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
Hey, I have a 2014 15 inch MBP I just purchased used. It didn't come with an SSD installed so I put in a sx8200 pro(with a black sintech adpter) and installed catalina and it worked for about 5 hours until it kernel panicked and shut down. Upon restart I had the flashing question mark folder. I am now using it with a sata hard drive in a usb enclosure. The nvme drive doesn't appear in system profiler even after reseating it multiple times. Current bootrom is MBP112.0145.B00. I have a used apple ahci drive on the way but are there any tricks you know of that I can try to get this working?

Juttersbitter

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
Try using Carbonaut and do a SMC and PRAM reset.. I had the same issue with thermal paste. you kind of have to angle the heat sink when you put it down. I think this makes the thermal paste spread somewhat unevenly. Also, when removing the heat sink, I kept noticing that most of the thermal paste got pressed out the sides of the CPU/GPU die leaving an inconsistent layer in between (probably because of the pressure). I am liking the Carbonaut myself. A high-end thermal paste might still provide slightly better performance, but it is inconsistent and only works as a short-term solution. With Carbonaut, the performance is pretty much within the temperatures I desire and is built to last for many years to come. Just be sure to cut it to fit the die. Leaving too much around the edges or on spaces surrounding the dies won't give you the ideal performance. I thought I could use one large sheet to cover the CPU area, but after I cut it into an L like shape it performed better. You also gotta make sure you don't move around the pad when you put the heat sink back on it, but as long as you're careful it should remain where you set it. Wish I took more pics, but at this point I really don't wanna take my heat sink back off again.

Thank you for the suggestions. No improvements with SMC and NVRAM reset. I also let Macs Fan Control handle the (single) fan in my MBPR13" early 2015 for a steeper fan curve for lower CPU temperatures. I think your MBPR15" mid 2015 can handle the increased NVME speeds better because it is a quad core and mine is only a dual core. I used Arctic Silver 5 as thermal paste and should be fine. Used it successfully many times before. I chose Kingston A2000 1TB because the SSD itself would run cooler and would be more energy efficient compared to others.

Did anybody else have better result for CPU temperatures in a MBPR13" with other NVME SSD's like the XPG SX8200 Pro or Sabrent Rocket (TLC)?

kombinat

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2020
Hi guys,

I upgraded MBP 2014 with SM951 512GB. It went fine and I get ~1400 MB/s write/read speeds... until I put it to sleep even for a second - after that write speed drops to 60 MB/s, read remains fine at ~1400.

"sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 standby 0 autopoweroff 0" didn't help.

After restart write is back at ~1400... until it sleeps again.

Adapter I use is newest sintech - small black one (pins have tape on them).

Last edited:

tk_mac

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2019
(Update on my recently bought 2015 MBP 15" i7 2.8GHz with the SX8200 Pro 2TB)

I decided to do something extra after reading more about the 2015 MBP's. Apparently the thermal paste wears out after 1-3 years under the CPU/GPU heatsink. I am able to confirm my stock 2015 MBP had very little. ...I decided to get the Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut. Carbonaut is a carbon pad that never needs to be replaced, is reusable and delivers perfect contact performance with decent conductivity. The IC Graphite pad doesn't perform as well as the Carbonaut when the Carbonaut is under a decent amount of compression. I got it on Amazon and decided to cut it from a larger sheet to save money and correct the size. I roughly measured the CPU and GPU die with a ruler, drew lines on a white paper business card marking the dimensions. Then I laid the pad on the card and used a good pair of scissors to precisely cut it while the corner of my thumb held it steady. After doing another SMC reset, PRAM reset and then putting it all back together, I am getting idle temperatures around 30-40 deg C with it dropping into the 30s more often than before. When playing Majora's Mask on Citra, I am now getting 58-75C with it keeping in the 60s more often than before as well (fans on).

Fans also completely stopped throttling after startup which I thought at first was because of the SSD. I didn't have many trials though with the SSD and old thermal paste before I replaced it. Overall, the laptop physically feels cooler than I previously remembered, especially when browsing the internet.

With Carbonaut, the performance is pretty much within the temperatures I desire and is built to last for many years to come. Just be sure to cut it to fit the die. Leaving too much around the edges or on spaces surrounding the dies won't give you the ideal performance. I thought I could use one large sheet to cover the CPU area, but after I cut it into an L like shape it performed better. You also gotta make sure you don't move around the pad when you put the heat sink back on it, but as long as you're careful it should remain where you set it.
I have some questions:

1)Can you provide a link to the Carbonaut you purchased?

2)How much over the edge (in millimeters) of the CPU and GPU should the Carbonaut overhang?

3)I have both 2015 MacBookPro and 2015 MacBook Air with upgraded SSDs. Should MacBook Air also be treated with Carbonaut?

4)Are there any videos or instructions I can refer to on take apart to get to the CPU/GPU heatsink and replace thermal paste/Carbonaut?

Thanks

bweliky

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2020

Will pay

neightdog

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
13" early 2015 MBP 3.1 Ghz i7 16GB - 2TB SX8200 Pro - per iStats seems to idle / web browse around .18A, youtube .19A, heavy read writes spike to around .44A, generally about 5-6 hours typical use, could probably stretch 6-8 with lower screen lighting

long story short, happy with the storage upgrade, willing to connect more to a charger as a trade off.
Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the new Sintech adapter? Any sleep or hibernation issues? I have the same model mac.

juan985_Spain

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2019
Early 2015 MacBook Pro 13" (PCI-E 2.0 X4 so obviously bottlenecks the SX8200 Pro hence the lower numbers than a PCI-E 3.0 MacBook)
Bootrom 188.0.0.0.0 - Catalina 10.15.2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2TB ADATA "SX8200PNP" SX8200 Pro - Revision: SS0411BB
0.18A Idle. - 0.897A Read. - 0.898A Write.
512GB Apple "SM0512G" - "MZ-JPV5120/0A6" - Revision: BXW5TA0Q
0.01A Idle. - 1.54A Read. - 1.62A Write.
Tested with Amorphous Disk Mark with a 32GB size sequential test.
So 18X more power consumption at idle compared to the Apple drive, less flat out under load but that is not something that I do personally.

My MBP shipped with a 128GB SSD, I purchased the 2TB ADATA as it seemed to be the best option, was super unhappy with losing 2+ hours of battery life (felt closer to 3) and sleep not triggering hibernate so excessive power consumption while in sleep mode most of the time (sometimes it wasn't too bad sure, most of the time it was bad), sure I could disable standby and just force hibernate as a workaround, doesn't bring back the battery life loss in every other situation.

I ended up buying a 512GB Apple drive, should have just done that from the beginning.

I ended up doing just that...

markintosh13

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2018
Did anybody else have better result for CPU temperatures in a MBPR13" with other NVME SSD's like the XPG SX8200 Pro or Sabrent Rocket (TLC)?

Why do you think the choice of SSD will impact the heat generated _inside_ the CPU?

I don't believe there is any connection.

my 3.1ghz i7 13" early 2015 16gb, with factory thermal paste, after ssd upgrade to an SX8200 Pro (no Apple SSD cpu temps were tested, no Sabrent Rocket cpu temps tested during the ordeal involving two of those):

cpu idle temps: 49C,
max cpu temps observed on iStats 24hr graph: 87C
max cpu temps observed during cpu intensive task (sensor menu reading): readings of 100-102C with a brief showing of 105C
max temps observed on iStatus graph of above activity (assume different polling frequency): 98C

Intel max temp specification for this cpu (Intel i7 5557U) before max turbo speed will throttle back is 105C

Seems to be operating within specifications.

Reactions: neightdog

dimickh

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2019
I haven't noticed any difference in temps after an upgrade. Maybe it's because spotlight is indexing a new drive? Right now with chrome and some other not CPU intensive programs running in background temps stays around 49-53°C. It's common to get such high CPU temps when running MacOs because Apple tries to keep fan noise as low as possible sacrificing performance, CPU will throttle at such high temps anyway so I doubt it will cause any 'permanent' damage.

efra

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I was using a corsair mp510 of 960gb for 2 weeks and the system crashing, closing the lid for long time was killing it, while the battery remained good while this time, it was getting dry very quickly while actually using the computer. I dont know what to do now.

Anyone has find a good drive with no issues? I am okay with the battery, but not any other issue.

uguryesilyurt

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2020
I replaced my 13" early 2015 macbook pro's ssd with Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB. It drain battery about 3.5-4 hours.There is no other issues. Performance is great. 2 years ago, I used OWC Aura SSD, it had same battery issue and also it was very slow. Now I want to change my ssd again. I spent lots of money until today. I read most of posts here. But I can't decide anyway. As i understand there is no hibernate problem on early 2015 models for Sabrent Rocket ssd. Should I choose Sabrent Rocket 512GB? Is it final solution? I don't need very high speeds i need longer battery life.

Last edited:

juan985_Spain

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2019
I was using a corsair mp510 of 960gb for 2 weeks and the system crashing, closing the lid for long time was killing it, while the battery remained good while this time, it was getting dry very quickly while actually using the computer. I dont know what to do now.

Anyone has find a good drive with no issues? I am okay with the battery, but not any other issue.

If you want no issues at all you have to go for a used original Apple drive.

mbiork

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2020
Paris
I just upgraded my MacBook Pro (Retina,15-inch, Mid 2015) 256GB original storage to an 1TB ADATA SX8200 Pro M.2 Gen3x4.

FYI, I am still running macOS High Sierra

Here are the hardware I bought / used :

JimiCable adapter (11 €)
JimiCable 12+16pin 2014 2015 Macbook to M.2 NGFF M-Key AHCI SSD Convert Card for A1493 A1502 A1465 A1466

ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe SSD (168 €)
ADATA Xpg SX8200 Pro Series NVMe SSD, PCIe 3.0 M.2 Typ 2280-1

Plugging the SSD in the adapter was easy, but plugging the whole thing in the Macbook connector was another thing. It went in easy on the first 2/3, but the last 1/3, I had to push quite hard to force it in and I was a bit worried about breaking it. However, it went well, it just that you need to push more compared to the original SSD that swipe in quite easy.

Here are the ADATA drive informations:
adata-storage-info.png

The Write & Read performance are stunning compared to the original one. The original SSD test show about 506 MB/s Write & 1835 MB/s Read, while the new ADATA SX8200 Pro show 2529 MB/s Write & 2912 MB/s Read

This is the Disk Speed Test of the Original Apple SSD (actually it's a Samsung)

speed-test-original-ssd.png

This is the Disk Speed Test of the ADATA SX8200 Pro

speed-test-adata-ssd.png

No doubt, this is a huge improvement, I love it !

There may however be a small (or big, depends on your usage / needs) downside and that's battery consumption... I am not sure yet how much this is going to impact the battery draining, but here a some facts:

Here is the idle consumption of the Original Apple SSD (Samsung branded in my case)
idle-original-ssd.png

Here is the idle consumption of the ADATA SX8200 Pro
idle-adata-ssd.png

So the original SSD idles at about 0.04A while the ADATA SX8200 Pro idles at 0.25A
This is a huge difference and I don't know yet how much this is going to impact on the battery draining / battery overall time usage. I need to run more tests but this could give you an idea:
battery draining.png

This is almost in idles condition, screen on, no screen saver, Wifi is on, Google Chrome running, and I almost only write this feedback, made a few screenshot & a bit of Photoshop.

In my case, the battery usage is not really a big deal / issue because I mainly use my station at work / home, mostly plugged, and I have another Macbook Pro (Retina 13 inch mid-2015) that I use when I am travelling because of the size, and the battery autonomy that is much better.

The SSD heating if you check the stats I provided are the same, 38°C. (FYI I added on the ADATA SSD the heat sink it came with. I tried without, and it look like it's better with it, I think I was around 42°C without)

Sleep function is working the same as before, I didn't see any issue here, and I can't see any other difference so far.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for sharing your informations, feedbacks, I ended up doing this upgrade and made my own choices based on the reading of this thread, watching a few videos, and reading a few blogs.

Cheers,
Marc

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 10.37.49.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 10.37.49.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

imydal

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2020
Hi,

I installed in my MacBook Pro 13 Early 2015 a Crucial P1 with Sintech ST-NGFF2013-C bought last year in February, I have the Bootrom v. 188.

I have a lots of kernel panic when I use my Mac. Now is pretty unusable...

Can you help me?

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7f9f30e4a7): nvme: "Fatal error occurred. CSTS=0xffffffff US[1]=0x0 US[0]=0x57 VID=0xc0a9 DID=0x2263
. FW Revision=P3CR010\n"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-470.40.4/IONVMeController.cpp:5258
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff914e4439e0 : 0xffffff801c13bb1b
0xffffff914e443a30 : 0xffffff801c2733e5
0xffffff914e443a70 : 0xffffff801c264e5e
0xffffff914e443ac0 : 0xffffff801c0e2a40
0xffffff914e443ae0 : 0xffffff801c13b207
0xffffff914e443be0 : 0xffffff801c13b5eb
0xffffff914e443c30 : 0xffffff801c8d24f9
0xffffff914e443ca0 : 0xffffff7f9f30e4a7
0xffffff914e443cc0 : 0xffffff7f9f2f947a
0xffffff914e443e20 : 0xffffff801c845a89
0xffffff914e443e90 : 0xffffff801c8459a9
0xffffff914e443ec0 : 0xffffff801c17d765
0xffffff914e443f40 : 0xffffff801c17d291
0xffffff914e443fa0 : 0xffffff801c0e213e
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IONVMeFamily(2.1)[0DDEF73A-BDF3-316B-820B-9479CAF678F4]@0xffffff7f9f2eb000->0xffffff7f9f32dfff
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity(1.0.5)[2FAEE793-59BC-3ADF-A5E2-3BC8760AFE0B]@0xffffff7f9cdf0000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[1286D5E5-A6A1-3C44-A244-04C068903DB2]@0xffffff7f9cea5000
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM(2.1)[07910380-1296-307C-A25B-FDB9D2DEBDDE]@0xffffff7f9d097000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(2.1)[D6C7A1D3-1E90-37A3-9D36-F6793A476858]@0xffffff7f9ca65000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily(47)[E3C37E96-3AFA-301F-B89C-719FB3D4DA53]@0xffffff7f9ca9f000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: g?;

Mac OS version:
19C57

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 19.2.0: Sat Nov 9 03:47:04 PST 2019; root:xnu-6153.61.1~20/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: C3E7E405-C692-356B-88D3-C30041FD1E72
Kernel slide: 0x000000001be00000
Kernel text base: 0xffffff801c000000
__HIB text base: 0xffffff801bf00000
System model name: MacBookPro12,1 (Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6)
System shutdown begun: NO
Panic diags file available: YES (0x0)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 1851496441677
last loaded kext at 1368386179180: >!UAudio 320.49 (addr 0xffffff7f9fd71000, size 434176)
last unloaded kext at 303507580001: >usb.!UHostPacketFilter 1.0 (addr 0xffffff7f9d500000, size 24576)
loaded kexts:
com.google.drivefs.filesystems.dfsfuse 35.0.13
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetAdp 6.1.0
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetFlt 6.1.0
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxUSB 6.1.0
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv 6.1.0
com.paragon-software.filesystems.ntfs 71.5.15
com.paragon-software.filesystems.extfs 16.2.11
@fileutil 20.036.15
>AudioAUUC 1.70
@filesystems.ntfs 3.14.3
>AGPM 111.4.1
>!APlatformEnabler 2.7.0d0
>X86PlatformShim 1.0.0
@filesystems.autofs 3.0
>!AUpstreamUserClient 3.6.8
>!AHDA 283.15
>!AGraphicsDevicePolicy 4.5.21
@AGDCPluginDisplayMetrics 4.5.21
>!AHV 1
|IOUserEthernet 1.0.1
|IO!BSerialManager 7.0.2f4
>!A!IBDWGraphics 14.0.3
>!ACameraInterface 7.6.0
>pmtelemetry 1
@Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X 7.0.0
>!ABacklight 180.1
>!AMCCSControl 1.13
>eficheck 1
>!A!IBDWGraphicsFramebuffer 14.0.3
>!A!ISlowAdaptiveClocking 4.0.0
|Broadcom!B20703USBTransport 7.0.2f4
>!AThunderboltIP 3.1.3
>!ASMCLMU 212
>!ALPC 3.1
>!UCardReader 489.60.3
>!AVirtIO 1.0
@filesystems.hfs.kext 522.0.9
@!AFSCompression.!AFSCompressionTypeDataless 1.0.0d1
@BootCache 40
@!AFSCompression.!AFSCompressionTypeZlib 1.0.0
@filesystems.apfs 1412.61.1
>!ATopCaseHIDEventDriver 3420.1
>AirPort.BrcmNIC 1400.1.1
@private.KextAudit 1.0
>!ASmartBatteryManager 161.0.0
>!ARTC 2.0
>!AACPIButtons 6.1
>!AHPET 1.8
>!ASMBIOS 2.1
>!AACPIEC 6.1
>!AAPIC 1.7
$!AImage4 1
@nke.applicationfirewall 303
$TMSafetyNet 8
@!ASystemPolicy 2.0.0
|EndpointSecurity 1
>!UAudio 320.49
>usb.cdc 5.0.0
>usb.!UHostCompositeDevice 1.2
|IOUSBUserClient 900.4.2
@kext.triggers 1.0
>DspFuncLib 283.15
@kext.OSvKernDSPLib 529
>!AGraphicsControl 4.5.21
|IOAVB!F 800.17
>!ASSE 1.0
>!ABacklightExpert 1.1.0
|IONDRVSupport 569.3
>!ASMBus!C 1.0.18d1
>!AHDA!C 283.15
|IOHDA!F 283.15
|IOAccelerator!F2 438.2.8
>X86PlatformPlugin 1.0.0
@!AGPUWrangler 4.5.21
@!AGraphicsDeviceControl 4.5.21
|IOSlowAdaptiveClocking!F 1.0.0
|Broadcom!BHost!CUSBTransport 7.0.2f4
|IO!BHost!CUSBTransport 7.0.2f4
|IO!BHost!CTransport 7.0.2f4
|IOGraphics!F 569.3
>IOPlatformPlugin!F 6.0.0d8
@plugin.IOgPTPPlugin 800.14
|IOEthernetAVB!C 1.1.0
>usb.networking 5.0.0
|IOAudio!F 300.2
@vecLib.kext 1.2.0
|IOSerial!F 11
|IOSurface 269.6
@filesystems.hfs.encodings.kext 1
>!AThunderboltDPInAdapter 6.2.4
>!AThunderboltDPAdapter!F 6.2.4
>!AThunderboltPCIDownAdapter 2.5.2
>!AActuatorDriver 3420.2
>!AHIDKeyboard 209
>!AHS!BDriver 3420.1
>IO!BHIDDriver 7.0.2f4
|IO!B!F 7.0.2f4
|IO!BPacketLogger 7.0.2f4
>!AMultitouchDriver 3420.2
>!AInputDeviceSupport 3420.4
>!AHSSPIHIDDriver 58
|IONVMe!F 2.1.0
>!AThunderboltNHI 5.8.1
|IOThunderbolt!F 7.4.7
|IO80211!F 1200.12.2b1
>mDNSOffloadUserClient 1.0.1b8
>corecapture 1.0.4
|IOSkywalk!F 1
>!AHSSPISupport 58
>!A!ILpssSpi!C 3.0.60
>!A!ILpssGspi 3.0.60
>!A!ILpssDmac 3.0.60
>usb.!UXHCIPCI 1.2
>usb.!UXHCI 1.2
|IOUSB!F 900.4.2
>!AEFINVRAM 2.1
>!AEFIRuntime 2.1
|IOSMBus!F 1.1
|IOHID!F 2.0.0
$quarantine 4
$sandbox 300.0
@kext.!AMatch 1.0.0d1
>DiskImages 493.0.0
>!AFDEKeyStore 28.30
>!AEffaceable!S 1.0
>!AKeyStore 2
>!UTDM 489.60.3
|IOSCSIBlockCommandsDevice 422.0.2
>!ACredentialManager 1.0
>KernelRelayHost 1
>!ASEPManager 1.0.1
>IOSlaveProcessor 1
|IOUSBMass!SDriver 157.40.7
|IOSCSIArchitectureModel!F 422.0.2
|IO!S!F 2.1
|IOUSBHost!F 1.2
>!UHostMergeProperties 1.2
>usb.!UCommon 1.0
>!ABusPower!C 1.0
|CoreAnalytics!F 1
>!AMobileFileIntegrity 1.0.5
@kext.CoreTrust 1
|IOTimeSync!F 800.14
|IONetworking!F 3.4
|IOReport!F 47
>!AACPIPlatform 6.1
>!ASMC 3.1.9
>watchdog 1
|IOPCI!F 2.9
|IOACPI!F 1.4
@kec.pthread 1
@kec.corecrypto 1.0
@kec.Libm 1

Last edited:

upinakarod

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2020

Will pay

Check this :

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
So I just installed the Sabrent 1TB SSD into my 2015 MacBook Pro 15" and so far it works well. Everything transferred over with no issues so far. But read/write speeds seem to vary. See results below. These are all with the new drive. Sabrent claims that this drive will get up to 3400/3000 read/write. Is there something I am missing? Also how do I enable TRIM? Is it enabled automatically? I'm on High Sierra.

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 12.02.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 12.03.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 12.03.56 AM.png

Reactions: Nincompoep
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.