iPhone X Upgrading 8 Plus to X. Is there an advantage of Verizon over IUP?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaybar, Mar 5, 2018.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Hi

I purchased an 8 Plus through the IUP. I have made 12 payments. I am eligible for an early upgrade or I can pay it off in total, sell it or trade it into Verizon and purchase through Verizon. Is there any advantage to either approach ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Adamj53 macrumors member

How have you made 12 payments on the IUP with the 8 Plus which came out late last year?

3. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

I made extra payments. My questions still remain.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you already have an account in good standing with Verizon, you won't have to worry about a hard pull on your credit should you take advantage of their interest free payment plan. You also don't have to have AppleCare , nor do you have to go through a bunch of red tape, as well as waiting for refunds and being at the mercy of Citizens bank with IUP, when you want to upgrade. Verizon method is much easier. You can even pay of 50% or all of your Verizon phone at any time with the app or online.

5. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

What I would honestly do is try to post it for sale on Craigslist and see if you can get more cash out of it. It’s still a newer phone. Should bring a decent amount