Upgrading iOS before selling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TWO2SEVEN, Sep 18, 2012.

?

Upgrading iOS tomorrow or waiting until your new iPhone comes?

  1. Yes, will upgrade 4 or 4s to iOS6 ASAP

    23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. No, will keep it on iOS5 and wait til Friday for 6

    8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

    TWO2SEVEN

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2010
    Location:
    Plano, TX
    #1
    Just curious who all will be leaving their 4 or 4s on iOS5 for resale purposes.

    I figured the ability to jailbreak may help when selling to individuals (as opposed to trading it in somewhere).

    As anxious as I am to play with iOS6, I will probably just wait until Friday. I will have 6 on my iPad to hold me over.
     
  2. Geckotek macrumors G3

    Geckotek

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #2
    Currently debating myself. But if iOS 6 is already jailbroken......
     
  3. nabechu macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2008
    #3
    Keeping it on iOS 5 so it can be jailbroken at the buyer's request, but then I can wait till friday for iOS 6 since i've already been playing around with the betas and GM.
     
  4. LoloBond macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2011
    #4
    If you upgrade you're phone will lose resale value... just saying.
     
  5. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2011
    #5
    That's just for A4 and below
     
  6. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

    TWO2SEVEN

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2010
    Location:
    Plano, TX
    #6
    That was my thought. It's not like it being upgraded to the new iOS adds value. Anyone can do it, with very little knowledge on how to even use a smart phone.

    Keeping it "jailbreakble" opens up more buyers in my opinion.
     
  7. cambookpro macrumors 603

    cambookpro

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #7
    I'm usually really excited for iOS releases, but iOS 6 seems like a resounding 'meh'.
    I even forgot it was being released tomorrow!

    Probably will upgrade, but not as soon as it's released. I'm not getting my iP5 until Monday due to some personal crap, so may do it over the weekend.
     
  8. appswipe macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2012
    #8
    I'm trading in to best buy so I'll be upgrading to iOS 6. Mainly because I'm still unsure about the purchase and with iOS6 on the 4S then the only major advantage of the iPhone 5 is a taller screen and taking pictures while shooting video. (Yes, speed is improved but speed means more to me on the iPad than my phone)
     
  9. Mutherluver macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2012
  10. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

    TWO2SEVEN

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2010
    Location:
    Plano, TX
    #10
    Are you considering staying with the 4s? Did you preorder a 5?
     
  11. mkaen macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2011
  12. tabnewsplus macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2012

Share This Page