Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Upgrading iOS tomorrow or waiting until your new iPhone comes?

• Yes, will upgrade 4 or 4s to iOS6 ASAP

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No, will keep it on iOS5 and wait til Friday for 6

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Just curious who all will be leaving their 4 or 4s on iOS5 for resale purposes.

I figured the ability to jailbreak may help when selling to individuals (as opposed to trading it in somewhere).

As anxious as I am to play with iOS6, I will probably just wait until Friday. I will have 6 on my iPad to hold me over.

nabechu

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2008
Keeping it on iOS 5 so it can be jailbroken at the buyer's request, but then I can wait till friday for iOS 6 since i've already been playing around with the betas and GM.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
If you upgrade you're phone will lose resale value... just saying.

That was my thought. It's not like it being upgraded to the new iOS adds value. Anyone can do it, with very little knowledge on how to even use a smart phone.

Keeping it "jailbreakble" opens up more buyers in my opinion.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm usually really excited for iOS releases, but iOS 6 seems like a resounding 'meh'.
I even forgot it was being released tomorrow!

Probably will upgrade, but not as soon as it's released. I'm not getting my iP5 until Monday due to some personal crap, so may do it over the weekend.

appswipe

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2012
I'm trading in to best buy so I'll be upgrading to iOS 6. Mainly because I'm still unsure about the purchase and with iOS6 on the 4S then the only major advantage of the iPhone 5 is a taller screen and taking pictures while shooting video. (Yes, speed is improved but speed means more to me on the iPad than my phone)

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I'm trading in to best buy so I'll be upgrading to iOS 6. Mainly because I'm still unsure about the purchase and with iOS6 on the 4S then the only major advantage of the iPhone 5 is a taller screen and taking pictures while shooting video. (Yes, speed is improved but speed means more to me on the iPad than my phone)

Are you considering staying with the 4s? Did you preorder a 5?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.