Upgrading phone. Will I keep app progress?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple fanboy, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Bit of a newbie question. I'm looking to buy the new iPhone when it comes out. Will I keep the progress on my apps? Not that important in the grand scheme of things but was just wondering from all you people on your second or third iPhone.

2. megapopular macrumors 6502a

hmm...

Well, if you back up your phone right before you activate your new phone and then copy that backup to the new phone then all of your "progress" should be the same on the new phone. Some apps use the cloud to keep progress so it's a mixed hat. Are you familiar with backing up your iPhone using iTunes?

3. Apple fanboy thread starter macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

You mean on my PC? That's how I normally back up my iPhone. I don't back up to the cloud.

4. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

Okay, so I had to factory-swipe my phone and backed up from the cloud....and...

IT KEPT ALL MY SAVES. IN GTA3 AND INFINTY BLADE.:eek:

5. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

yeah app progress should be kept if you either backup to itunes or via icloud.

I would recommend backing up to icloud, as it backs up your phone everytime you plug your phone in, put it to sleep and connected to a wifi network. Don't even have to think about it :D

6. Apple fanboy thread starter macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Good news then. I've got hours invested in Angry birds, Cut the Rope and Tower madness! Plus my favourite Swordigo. Mind you I've completed that now and wish they would do a Swordigo 2. Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look into icloud verses PC.

7. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

For apps that support the cloud, yes. Make sure you have "documents and data" switched to on within iCloud.