Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevs1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
_gb_clear.gif

I'm struggling for a month -- is there one person who has actually taken CD,s that have been remastered, and successfully found a system to upgrades them in their personal itunes playlist?

The headaches are so vast and complex, I could write four pages on what I've been through, but alas, still don't have a good way to do this, as itunes makes it unbearable to achieve.

_gb_clear.gif

_gb_clear.gif

_gb_clear.gif
_gb_clear.gif
_gb_clear.gif

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Is this your iTunes library, or is Apple keeping it in the cloud for you?
I just select the old albums tracks, hit control backspace, then drag the new stuff in.
I sign into iTunes or Apple's cloud services very rarely.

kevs1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
This is not cloud, hard, sorry that did not help at all.

Let's say you have Beatles Abby Road, personal mix from a CD, so no metadat, you hand typed in song names and album a long time ago to hard drive, and put on your peronsal playlist. You get the remaster, and you burn it from a friend, burn it to a CD, and then replace old version in itunes. Wondering if someone has a methodical system for that.

I get "unknown album", can't find, also itunes seems to have hidden meta, so it reaches for the old version even to the the trash. So you empty trash, but then song names or albums names don't stick, really endless, wonder if someone has discovered a system for this. You might also end up with a ghost version in library, or two version. Itunes will also create new folders for you. You have to rename the new ones several times by hand.... the headaches are limitless. Have not figured out a coherent strategy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.