Upgrading then giving old 3GS to my wife, how does THAT work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ferran275, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ferran275 macrumors newbie

how will I transfer all my stuff to my phone then get my phone to link to my wife's line? basically swapping for the new one when it comes the 24th.

2. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

****ing magnets, how do THEY work?

In all honesty, you just need to let ATT know you are upgrading her line and making it your phone. The backup and restore goes through itunes so that is not a problem. All you will have to do is switch SIM cards and have them change the IMEI numbers of the device associated with the line.

3. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

anyone else think its kinda disrespectful how a lot of guys here give their old stuff to their wives once they get something better? Its always "Got a new Mac! giving the old one to the wife" kind of a pompous attitude, like you are giving the dog the leftovers. lets see a post here where someone says i got my wife and I new iPhone 4s!

just saying..

4. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Ever thought maybe their wives just don't care and are content with the older devices?

Just saying...

5. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Because "wives" don't care about cool technology. If they did, they would buy the new iPhone themselves. Just saying.

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I dont think so. Im probably going to get my girlfriend an iphone 4 now that att moved up all the upgrade dates. She has a beatup G1 right now and has been fine with it so a 32GB new 3GS isnt that bad of a deal. I sure alot of the posters wives here are fine with regular motorola flip phones. so an upgrade to any iphone would be more then enough.

7. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

now thats a respectable man! unlike you slobs who like to generalize all women as tech n00bs

8. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Ohla shut up seriously.

Who are you to judge another person giving his wife a phone? He knows her MUCH better than you do, and I am sure he knows what his wife is happy with.

No man who's wife truly wants the 4G would not get it for her. But most of the time this is not the case, and the women don't care.

Once you get a girlfriend/wife I am sure you will understand.

9. ferran275 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, my wife could care less about an iPhone, she still has some old flip phone, most wives aren't total nerds like us, she wouldn't even know the difference between a iPhone 4 and a 3GS.

10. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Facepalm.

My girlfriend waited in line with me on launch day to buy her own 3G. She will do the same to get herself the iPhone 4 in a few weeks. Not all women are tech noobs but why do women have to get stuff bought for them? If they wanted it they would buy it themselves.

11. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

i never said that....i said that all women were tech n00bs in sarcasm.

facepalm. wow..

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

+1