Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

testdrive

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
I have a iPhone 4S running 5.0.1 factory unlocked. Should I upgrade to 5.1.1? My battery life is okay at this point, lasting me 1 day. What benefits are there to 5.1.1 besides the camera being accessible from the double tap home button. Also, can 5.1.1 be jailbroken untethered?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I have a iPhone 4S running 5.0.1 factory unlocked. Should I upgrade to 5.1.1? My battery life is okay at this point, lasting me 1 day. What benefits are there to 5.1.1 besides the camera being accessible from the double tap home button. Also, can 5.1.1 be jailbroken untethered?

Hi,

Im currently using a stock iPhone 4s on 5.1.

I too get 1 to 1.5 days moderate usage although battery standby and talk time etc is defined by ones own personnel usage, and thus would be varying for other people.

I don't see much to gain updating mine to 5.1.1.

If you search on here or google etc you can see the list of what the firmware update gives.

As for unlocking you would be looking at absinth 2.0 i believe.

Camera accessibility is provided on the lock screen by swiping the camera icon situated near the swipe to unlock bar upwards.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.