Upgrading to 6 Plus using AT&T Next

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronaldcastillo, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2009
    We've always been on the Mobile Share Value Plan 15GB (recently upgraded to the 30GB promo plan) but as I tried upgrading to an iPhone 6 Plus on Apple.com, it's giving me additional options to choose the amount of data/text that I want (options from old 2 year agreement plans). What's weird is I recently upgraded another line in our plan to an iPhone 6 under AT&T Next last week but it didn't give me these options.

2. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2014
    I don't have an answer for you but I am really interested in any responses you get. The same thing has been happening to me when I try to purchase a 6 for my hubby. Come to think of it, it was happening to me as well in the Apple store when I picked up my plus last week. I had changed my plan just a few days before to the double data offer. The rep had to get on the phone with AT&T to get the phone on my shared plan. Curious to see if anyone has an answer for you.
  3. bluer101 macrumors regular

Jun 22, 2010
    I was going thru the same thing last week. So I spoke to a att rep and they said if your on a shared plan and have to choose something else they can just change it back.

So when I got our 2 phones in the Apple Store during checkout the apple employees handheld computer asked almost the same thing. So I just picked the lowest ones. Well expecting it to change on my att account it never did, so I guess it's a glitch. But the first question choose the data plan you are on now. Then it will still popup with the data and text plans. Hope this make sense.
  4. ronaldcastillo, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014

ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2009
    Has anyone else received these options when upgrading?
  5. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2009