Upgradung from 4s to 5c, can i go wrong?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darryjr, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

So here is my question. Will I regret purchase or not? I went with the 5 c because I am kind of rough on phones and didn't think the 5s was a good fit. I will be receiving it today and I hope it was a good choice. Will I notice a speed difference? I haven't played with a 5, but understand it is the same innards as the c. I'm not a tech freak, just looking for a upgrade from 4 s , any thoughts? I know a lotof people here aaren't too fond of plastic iPhone , besides that will I notice a difference coming from 4s?

2. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Your going to notice a HUGE difference. I went to a 5c from a 4S and it's definitely a big change in speed

3. Lammercy macrumors regular

4. Menel Suspended

Menel

Wrong? no. Speed difference? It depends.

CPU speed is vastly improved, but nothing really taxed the dual core A5 in the 4S. Apps don't feel appreciably faster.

If you were on Verizon with their 1.2mbps 3G going to their 50mbps LTE. You'll see massive improvements.

If you were in a solid ATT 4G 8-9mbps area going to their 50mbps LTE. May not be hugely obvious facebooking and tweeting.

If you're in an area that is 3G/4G and you'll still be staying on 3G/4G... not much.

5. cynics macrumors G4

Going from a 4S to 5C is a solid upgrade in all aspects aside from the plastic and color selection but that's more opinion based then anything else.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

You'll notice a big difference. If the 5c had the specs of the 5s I totally would have gotten the 5c.

7. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

With the 5c internals being pretty much equal to the 5, you'll definitely notice a positive difference. I went from a 4s to a 5 last year and still love the speed.

8. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

If the 5c had the specs of the 5s, I imagine the 5s wouldn't sell too well :)

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

You'll be happy with the speed bump. It's significant. [​IMG]

10. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This is probably very true

11. Fission macrumors regular

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

13. Jmclark macrumors regular

I went from 4S to 5C, mostly because I wanted to get LTE if I was going to be spending the same on data either way. You definitely notice the speed differences, even if it is only slight. It just feels more responsive. The LTE is awesome, when you get service (I live in a place that doesn't get a whole lot of LTE). The 4S got to the point where the 3G would take way too long and it would just seem like something simple like refreshing Twitter would take forever, but the LTE is nice.

As for the plastic, some people like it and some don't. Personally, I love it, as I don't like using cases and I feel so much safer having a plastic back than one that will shatter from a few feet like my 4S did. Also it just feels so much nicer. More than likely you'll be happy with your decision, and won't really think "dang, I shoulda got a 5S."

14. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

15. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Went from the 4 to the 5c. While I was fine with iOS 7's performance on my iPhone 4, I was able to sell my iPhone 4 and have it fully pay for my iPhone 5c, so I went for it.

It's by no means a OMG WOW performance difference, but it is a bit snappier.

----------

Of course, though it's also $100 more expensive.

16. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

I think you'll love the 5c coming from a 4s. heck, even I loved the 5c. I would've gotten one if not for the fact that it's pretty much the same thing as my old 5, just in a different shell. Very solid phone.

17. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Actually going from a 4 to a 5C is a huge leap in performance ...

Regarding the 4s to 5c switch, is similar to what I've done (4S-> 5) : not so impressive but worth it.
    Memory, screen and LTE are a good point.

18. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

so-so upgrade.

I remember when I went from the 4s to the 5. WOW LTE was night and day. 4" display was great. And best of all the phone got lighter.

The 5c is only 8 grams lighter than the 4s while the 5 and 5s are both 28 grams lighter. It is a noticeable difference.
    Plastic case I feel is cheap, I don't like the trim around the screen it makes and I don't like the texture (feels like polished plastic.)
    Also remember when you end up selling the phone it's value will be less than the 5s.

19. Aucun Express macrumors regular

20. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

On paper it may be a "huge leap" in performance, but for me, the average customer, it didn't feel like that.

21. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

22. farmermac macrumors 6502a

you'll love it. The bigger screen is great. I dont play games so speed hasnt been an issue since the 3gs as far as im concerned.

23. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

You said "dung" - Haha. :p

But yeah, like everyone else has said, it'll be great. I know when I went from my 4S to the 5, I definitely enjoyed it. Though, I must admit the only thing I hated was the fact that I had to get adapters/cables for the lightning but that's it.