Uploading Photos To iCloud Photo Is Taking FOREVER!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bushido, Apr 24, 2015.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

i enabled iCloud Photo for the first time 4 hours ago with only 2.800 pictures in Photo and it still got 900 images to go ...

is that normal?

i cant imagine uploading 40 GB+ at this rate

my available speed:
    [​IMG]

2. Sankel macrumors member

It's not quite weird to see that uploading takes his time. See how far it's tomorrow ;)

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

My library is 95GB - gonna take some time, seems to get through a few hundred a night.

4. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

another question, what is the best way to save space on my devices?

am i right to assume that the "HQ" stays on whatever device it originally came from?

like lets say i take a picture with my iPhone 6. the HQ version will remain on the iPhone but the iPad and my Mac will get the optimized version? (if enabled which it is)

or lets say there is already stuff in my Photo app. those HQ ones will remain on the mac but it will sync the optimized versions to my iPhone / iPad?

so they best way would be to use the web interface to upload from now on so all my devices mac / ipad / iphone get the optimized versions?

thanks!

5. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Don't forget upload speeds of ISP's are always like 80% slower than download speeds.

EDIT. Never mind, just saw your picture. Wow the UK and my area specificly are so far behind with the 8mb download and 1mb upload I get. Even with fibre optic it's tricky to get more than 40-60MB. LOL

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

If there doesn't seem to be any progress, try resetting your devices. I have had this experience where the uploading process just stalls and needs a reboot of sorts to jumpstart the process.