UPS Doing free Sat. Delivery for 9/21 Non-Arrivals

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Domino8282, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Just wanted to pass along this tidbit I just got from a UPS CSR. While my phone was delivered at 11am on 9/21, my wife's phone simply never showed up. No delivery attempt, and as of 1:00am EST, tracking still shows it "On Vehicle for Delivery."

Over the course of the evening I spoke to 3 different CSRs... At 9pm and 11:30pm they were still certain it would arrive tonight. Five minutes ago the CSR changed her tune and said that while they couldn't confirm whether the trucks were still out delivering, she did know that as part of their agreement with Apple, any phones that did not make a delivery attempt on 9/21 (when they were scheduled) would instead be delivered on Saturday.

To be sure, I asked, "So even though this type of delivery doesn't typically cover Saturdays, in this case it will be?" She said "Yes, we are doing that special for Apple." I asked if we could just pick it up at the HUB when they are open tomorrow between 10am-1pm and she said no, it was past the cutoff time to make that request, but not to worry, it would be delivered tomorrow. /shrug... We shall see!

It's not the end of the world even if we don't get it until Monday, just thought I'd pass this along. My main concern was that it had been lost or stolen, but it seems like that isn't the case.

2. schizbomb macrumors 6502

This would be cool.

I GUESS.

But now your wife isn't cool and is a day behind man

3. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

UPS came back for a second delivery today, made me a happy boy. My wife left the house on the first attempt for 30 minutes and you know they would of course come at that time. It did show they would deliver on Sat, but he came back about 3:00 and all was good. He told my wife I'm surprised he didn't stay home from work, so I assume it must be pretty common because he doesn't know me.

4. Domino8282 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I know dude, she has been fiending for it all day. ;-) Hehe, I feel all guilty playing with it, so I've been holding back as much as possible.

I'm thinking they just drove the trucks back to the HUB and didn't even unload and scan, hence the fact that they still say "Out for Delivery." Guessing they'll just roll back out in the morning and pick up where they left off. Who knows...

5. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

I would go take the longest dump in the history of the world.