UPS has the wrong address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kcgunner85, Sep 15, 2016.

1. kcgunner85 macrumors newbie

kcgunner85

My iPhone 7 tracking information shows no problems and says it will be delivered on time tomorrow. However I noticed in the shipping information in MY UPS account that it has the wrong state. The name, street address and zip code is all correct. But is has the state next to me instead of mine. I checked and this address does not exist in this state so I'm hoped they would realize this. I'm a little worried so I called UPS. They say it has the correct state in their internal system but I don't trust UPS. Should I just not risk it and have it directed to a store for pickup? Anyone have this happen to them before?

2. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Haha I feel you, stuff like this happened to me beginning of this year in Germany with my iPad Pro.. it got shipped to my old adress in another part of the country, it was bad, took weeks before I finally got it lol.
    If they say they have the correct adress in their system though.. I think I'd trust them. Just call again and see if another operator tells you the same info.

3. scotsmith0718 macrumors newbie

The exact same thing happened to me!! I always have mine held at the UPS Customer Center so I can get it first thing in the morning, so not a huge issue. You could probably do the same.

I also moved about 2 months ago, so my address on my ID doesn't match the shipping address. I do plan on taking my ID, a curent utility bill, a print out of the apple order with my correct address and the tracking number and a printout of UPS.com with the tracking number and the incorrect address just to be safe.

4. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Wouldn't they use the zip code? If it's anything like it is in the U.K. Our postcodes trump most things so they use the postcode to search for the address and if the street and house number match up with the postcode then it goes there.

5. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

You are wise in not trusting UPS. They are a terrible company in my opinion. If I were you and I noticed ANY issues with the shipping address (whether they use the ZIP code or not) I would intercept it for pickup at a UPS location.

6. kcgunner85 thread starter macrumors newbie

kcgunner85

Well I've had issues picking up items too. I've told them to hold for pickup, then they still put it on the truck and of course the truck won't be back until after they close! So.....no package that day. And considering they aren't open on Saturdays or Sundays I think I might just leave well enough alone. Thanks for the input everyone. And Happy iPhone day tomorrow!