UPS Pre-Sign delivery fail!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 96whitels, Sep 21, 2012.

1. 96whitels macrumors member

96whitels

I had my pre-sign form attached to my door. Just got this:

The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made.

Changed to:
    Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Monday, 09/24/2012, by 10:30 A.M.

:mad:

2. One-Shot macrumors newbie

3. Joewat64 macrumors regular

4. Omacc macrumors member

what was your ups scheduled delivery time initially?

5. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Very typical of UPS. Had same issues before. Apparently the policy is that if the driver feels like the package could be stolen, he will most likely not leave it regardless of any liability waivers.

6. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Mine says this too. It was being delivered to my work which opens at 10:00 and they came too early. Now apparently they're going to try again tomorrow because they allow Saturday delivery the guy said because it's coming directly from Apple. This is stupid.

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I've had the same thing happen with FedEx. That paper is a waste of time. Just have them hold for pickup.

8. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

I missed mine too from UPS.
    Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Monday, 09/24/2012, by 10:30 A.M.

Will have to see if i can pick it up tonight.

Anyone know the procedure to that?

9. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I know with FedEx you had to take the note they left on your door and pick up at fedex i believe with id also.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You for sure can NOT pick it up before the truck returns, so that probably rules out today.

11. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

you can easily pick it up at the hub for the win even before the first delivery attempt

12. bmik33 macrumors member

Why not call them? I have had this happen and since its early in the day. You should be able to meet the truck somewhere and get it.

13. 96whitels thread starter macrumors member

96whitels

They attempted it at 9:54am.

If this happened to anyone else,
    Call 800-742-5877, press 0#, talk to the person and have them hold the package at will call at your local distribution center.

I just did that and will pick it up after work today.

14. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I just live chatted with UPS and they said this:

"The center will contact you within 1 hour to communicate the details of when and where to pickup the package.

And the package would be held until 10/01/2012. No, the driver will not re-attempt today.

All pickups require a government issued photo ID such as a Driver's License, Passport, or Military ID. If this is going to a business then you need a headletter from the company stating that you are authorized to pick up the package, specifying your name and ID number.

The package will be held at:

XXXXXXX
    XXXXXXX, NJ XXXXX

If you are not able to pick up the package today, you can go from:

Mon-Fri: 9:00AM - 7:00PM

And the package would be held until 10/01/2012. No, the driver will not re-attempt today."

I don't know, for some reason I don't trust it.

15. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

This. Still the drivers ass if the package gets swiped.

16. srcstc macrumors member

Sorry to hear that. Call them. You can most likely pick it up at the hub later on.

17. Joewat64 macrumors regular

Why can't they just do what they are supposed to? You per sign and agree to the terms. Oh well.

I was sitting here thinking maybe I should go look for a case while waiting on the delivery. I even pre signed and was going to post them on the front door. Now I'm thinking my butt is not going anywhere. :(:apple:

18. iRabbit macrumors 6502

When my UPS driver came to the door he said "thank god you're home! they want me to get a direct signature for this"... I think they have instructions not to leave them (though just assuming based on what he said)...

19. 96whitels thread starter macrumors member

96whitels

UPS just called. The driver won't be back until 10PM (they close at 7PM)...Guess I'm not getting my iPhone 5 today. LAME

:(

I explained the pre-delivery signed form. She ask if it was one of those apply thingies. I said YES! She laughed and said we can't leave those.

She asked if I want to come in and pick it up on Monday or send the driver back out. I told her to send him out, then she told me to wait. Came back and said they will try and send out drivers tomorrow for Saturday deliver (not typical).

Hopefully it comes out tomorrow, if not, Monday it is.

She also apologized and said she has a lot of these calls to make....

20. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

My UPS driver said they are watching them like a hawk with extra reports and stuff. They don't want to screw up - it will be on the driver. So don't blame the driver for not wanting to take the blame.
    I would think that is probably true based on what I heard too. Mine only had ONE on his truck. I knew we didn't live in a high iPhone release day area! LOL!!

There actually should be someone at the hub that late. I'd still try to go tonight. it just depends on the employees.... for same day as delivery attempt pick-up I had to agree to go after 9pm to get it. It was a window when the driver would be back and they were in the office. It was a PITA... but my UPS guy and I have worked out our differences and my house is no longer declared undeliverable.

Hope you get it tonight or tomorrow!

21. Snowblind258 macrumors newbie

Same here, note on door, UPS came and went. Called UPS and scheduled a hold, picking it up at 8pm. FYI if you call UPS and get that stupid automated thing you talk to just say 'operator'. The menus are worthless.

22. 96whitels thread starter macrumors member

96whitels

I spoke with customer care also, the department where I would pick it up. They said they lock the door at 7:30pm.

Honestly not worth a 25min drive (one way).

I'll cross my fingers and hope for delivery tomorrow. If not, guess I'm going into work late on Monday because I'm not going to miss delivery again.

23. robopath macrumors regular

Exactly same thing here. Guy said I was one only 2 of the 10 he tried to deliver this morning. Mine said by 10:30 and I got it at 9:10. I asked if he would have left it if I signed the apple slip he said yes, but only because I have a space between my doors so that it would not show.

24. 96whitels thread starter macrumors member

96whitels

Lucky! I have a space also, behind a large pillar where all my packages are left. I also noted that on the form.

Like the UPS lady said, they were told directly not to leave any Apple packages today at front door.

25. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

The reason it wasn't left is because when the driver scans your iPhone to leave it his DIAD pops up saying "No Indirect Delivery" and he is unable to access the next screen to leave your package, this safety feature is requested by the shipper (Apple UK) and not the drivers or UPS's fault. This also means that a neighbor is unable to take your package in for you.

If he had left it and it went missing how would you feel??

Rookie