Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Let's see who keeps their Mac on the longest without a restart.

If you're using OSX (or Linux for that matter) open the terminal, type in 'uptime' and post it.
smiley.gif

Here's mine:

Attachments

• uptime.jpg
    uptime.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,312

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
here is mine @ the moment
while i know it is not really good, lets say as an excuse i use it everyday for about 10 hourse, and somethimes my freshly compiled appz hang the system .D 3-4 times per year

Attachments

• uptime.jpg
    uptime.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,115

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-All

$%@# you would start a thread on this subject now!

I just shut down my 12PB to install RAM 1 day and 6 hours ago!

@$#%

That RAM install was the first "Shut Down" I've done since I acquired the machine in February. The only time I "Restart" is for Software Updates.

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
by the way ;-D all i did was recycle the thread, just running a new one is not that interesting, than continuing an rather old one :D

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
Here is the powerbook, it;d be longer but safari went postal a few days ago and crashed everything.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 995

smada

macrumors member
May 7, 2003
If you guys don't want to go the terminal route, try this app:

Uptime In Menu Bar

I think you probably get an idea of what it does from the title! It uses the same Uptime command that you enter into the terminal, except it puts the info into your menu bar.

Here's mine:

uptime.jpg

I had to shut down last night so that I could take the airport card out of the ol' iMac and transplant it into my sister's iBook.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i can't post a pic, since i just sold my TiBook 667. (waiting for the new 15"!!:D )

but i think my highest uptime while i had it was around 20 days. things really started to slow down around 10 days of uptime, and it becomes painful trying to use Photoshop.

also, how does everyone get the Terminal window to be transparent? i thought that TinkerTool could do that, but the new TinkerTool couldn't do it under 10.2 as far as i could remember. so how is everyone doing it? is there a new version of TinkerTool or something?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
My Mac uptime: 12 days 18 hrs 33 min

The company I work for had a customer who had a Solaris-based Unix system. We told them to reboot after we made a change to a kernel parameter. They asked how to reboot. It turns out they had never done so before. We sold them the computer over a year before, and it had been up continuously ever since!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.