Uranium One Rears Its Ugly Head Again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Oct 1, 2018.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

The reporter who really broke the story originally is reporting that the FBI has 37 secret pages of memos concerning the issue, but they are not going to declassify them for the public. OK. I get it. They want to keep others or themselves safe from scrutiny on the matter. I think it's pretty obvious that someone along the way screwed up in this deal. I mean, who ever thought it was a good idea to sell any nuclear material to Russia? They're not our friend and ally. It never made any sense. I must admit, though that I would like to see what those memos say, if anything, that might lend some clarity to the whole messed up issue.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-h...f-memos-about-russia-clintons-and-uranium-one

2. RichardMZhlubb, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018

RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

You do know that 100% of the uranium held by Uranium One is still in the US and cannot be exported (except for processing in Canada and subsequent reimportation into the US), right? And that 100% of the uranium they mine is used for US domestic commercial applications?

3. AsherN macrumors 6502

4. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Oh, I'm aware of that. Were you aware that they still pocket the proceeds of the sale of the materials? Dollars are just as good as nuclear material to them. The deal still enriches an enemy of ours.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2018 ---
    Who is "they"?

5. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Russian-owned shares of Facebook generated almost 10 times as much profit in 2017 as the total profits of Uranium One. And that’s just one example of the hundreds of billions of dollars worth of US businesses owned by Russian interests. The Uranium One sale is a fake scandal.

6. AsherN macrumors 6502

All the idiots who parrot the old "Hillary sold 20% of the US uranium to the Russian"

7. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

Soon they’ll have all the Intel on Uranus.

I’ll see myself out.