Urgent! 2008 Aluminum Macbook is giving me the blue face

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macswitcha2, Nov 18, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Ok, I hear that booting it up from the disk that the MB came with can solve the issue but I upgraded fro leopard to snow leopard when SL first came out so do I use the snow leopard or the disk that the MB came with?

2. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Update:

I remember messing around with the color sync profile ans i may have accidentally deleted a color sync profile that came with the macbook. Could that have caused the blue screen?

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Changing the color profile shouldn't have that effect. You should boot off the SL disc.

4. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, I booted off SL disk and performed Repair Systems Permission and it did a whole lot of actions but when I boot up normal, I still get the blue screen. Should I reinstall? Is there a way I can save the data? I have not backed up for months on my macbook.

5. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, here's the situation, last night I upgraded to 10.6.5 via the combo update. Then I did a disk permission repair via disk utility.

Today when I take my macbook from where I place it over night and that's when I discovered the blue screen. Maybe these details can help.

6. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Have you verified the disk? Not permissions, but the disk itself. You can find that option under the same places as permissions repair.

7. macswitcha2, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

yes, and went into repair disk and it said my hard drive was ok. I also did the dsck -y option and it gave me a disk has been modified result but after typing dsck -y and then having to force check with fsck -f, the result was that my hard drive is ok. So I exited to start up normal but still the blue screen appears. I even tried safe mode and noticed that it can't get past the blue screen.

I think my option here is to reinstall SL.