URGENT HELP connecting phonic 620 powerpod mixer to macbook pro 15'

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by magicmousecat, Nov 2, 2010.

1. magicmousecat macrumors newbie

hi
    my friend and i have a project i need to connect my phonic 620 powerpod mixer to my macBook pro and record it but i don't know which cable i need and how can i record multiple instruments in Garage Band from the mixer PLEASE HELP

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

According to the manual of that monster, you can only record to an USB stick if you want, but the mix will be stereo (dual mono).
    http://www.phonic.com/en/powerpod-620-r-en.html

You might need an external mixer with a USB connection and Mac OS X drivers to record all the separate track into Garage Band.

3. electronique macrumors 6502

As far as I can see from a quick look at the Phonic website - The mixer is just that.. A mixer.. It is not a USB audio interface. It does however have the ability to record to a USB storage device.

If you want to record multiple instruments through the mixer to your Mac - You need an Audio Interface.. One with multiple inputs. Or just a stero one and record each instruments, one after each other.

You could however record your mix to a USB drive (AFAIK). You would the upload this stero mix to Garageband and add other elements to the mix from there?

4. magicmousecat thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so if i manage somehow without a usb storage or a audio interface because when i bought the mixer there nothing with usb cable or something and it has the perfect output which i can connect to my mac via RCA cable(

and my other question is so Garage Band automatically divides the sound of the guitar and base for example or how do i make that happen

5. electronique macrumors 6502

The only way to record to your mac WITHOUT an audio interface, is to use a stereo RCA to 3.5mm stereo jack... You would be plugging this into your mac 'mic' input...

This will record a 'stereo track'

As stated above... You will be recording a stereo track into Garageband.
    There is no way to split these track up, unless you record each instrument seperately - ie, record guitar, then record bass, then drums.. Not all at onece