Urgent Help Required

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oo7ml, May 26, 2012.

1. oo7ml macrumors 6502

Hi, i am djing in less than one hour and i am trying to set up my iphone to Apple Airport.

I want to set it up standalone (without connecting to a network) so that i can send songs from my iphone to the airport which is plugged into a mixer...

I only have 45 mins to do this so i would really really really appreciate any help you guys can give me... i have just hard reset the Airport as i just bought it from a friend, thanks in advance for your help

2. completing macrumors member

If you connect to the airport, it should give you an option to play through.

----------

But if you mean "without connecting to network" by not connecting to wifi, then good luck casting magics and spells to make iPhone play through non-connected speakers.

3. oo7ml thread starter macrumors 6502

I reset it again and the Airport Utility is not picking it up... really strange

4. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

5. oo7ml thread starter macrumors 6502

Couldn't get it working... had to resort to something else

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The AirPort Utility app for iOS is for monitoring and making minor changes to an existing AirPort network. To set up the Express you should have gone into Settings->Wi-Fi, and looked for a section called Set up an AirPort Base Station. Here's the feature as described on the product page for the Express:
    http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/features/easy-setup.html

7. oo7ml thread starter macrumors 6502

8. thewoz macrumors member

I had an answer for you that would've fixed your issue; but you only gave me 45 min. and I'm 24 hours late.

Ok.

Bye.

9. oo7ml thread starter macrumors 6502

Which is...