[Urgent HELP] Stuck in white screen + vertical colored lines

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mouseyip, May 1, 2012.

1. mouseyip macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 (GSM) with firmware 5.0.1. I accidentally deleted all the files and sub folders in the directory (/usr/lib/) and the screen then freezes (freezes in home screen). However, I can still connect it with computer that can properly detects the device, and so I try to recover the files by copying all the files which are from my friend's iPhone (same device, same firmware version, also jailbroken) to mine. Then, I hold the power and home buttons to force the iPhone to shutdown. Unfortunately, the iPhone goes into a state that there are just a white screen and some vertical colored lines (see attachment). Even I press whatever button (or both), connect with computer, hold the buttons for a very very long time, the device does not give any response...

I now have no idea to fix it, could you please teach me if you know how to solve this problem

Since my iPhone is jailbroken, I am afriad that Apple will not help me to fix it (the warranty has expired so I have to pay for it).

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. NewtonApple macrumors member

Replacing files is not going to do it. If you can, re-install the OS from scratch.

I have seen some sick iPhones but never seen what you show on yours! Good luck!