Urgent : iPhone 3gS left dash of car in the heat...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PsychOfMSE, Jun 6, 2010.

1. PsychOfMSE macrumors member

So I accidentally left my iPhone 3gS (jailbroken) on my dash and it got really hot. I came back to the car and it said I needed to restore the phone and it had no service.

I try to restore from itunes and get error 23, try to re-jailbreak and no luck there. I've tried on a mac and on a PC to restore in DFU and restore modes. No dice.

Now I'm desperate, I either need to get this one working or find a way to erase the data on the phone so apple can't tell I have it jailbroken.

Let me know guys!

Thanks!

2. Press22 macrumors 6502

Press22

Well if the phone is in DFU mode then they're not going to be able to tell it's jailbroken until long after you've walked away with a refurbished one.

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

So you want our help to restore your phone to stock so Apple will replace a phone you ruined through your own carelessness for free? Ok...

4. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

This is gonna sound ridiculous but put it in the refrigerator for an hour. Electronics screw up in the heat but they can never be too cold :D

worth a try right :rolleyes:

5. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

They used to not have to teach ethics. Now many graduate programs have entire courses just on the subject. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

X2 Swap it out and don't worry about it. They aren't going to spent two minutes worrying about it. "if" they even keep it to refurb it, it will get wiped anyway.

IMO, no worries.

7. PsychOfMSE thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help! The phone was going to be replaced regardless before this happened. It was developing hairline cracks in the plastic which I have heard apple replaces those.

I'll just bring it in in dfu mode and tell them I woke up to it like that and also show them the hairline cracks.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Error 23 is a hardware failure. This means that the radios have failed, no WiFi, no bluetooth, no 3G, no edge and it's basically just an iPod now. There is no fixing it. Take it to the Apple store where they will exchange it under the warranty. This happened to mine last August but it wasn't left in the car. I woke up one morning to find it telling me to restore and that didn't work. Mine was in DFU mode also and they exchanged it with no problems.