Urgent! MBP won't turn on! Is there anything I can do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iTryhard, Jun 20, 2013.

1. iTryhard macrumors newbie

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. Basically, the other day I was cleaning off my keyboard with a damp washcloth and everything went alright. I dried it off and thought nothing more of it. Then, a couple hours later, it started acting up, double clicking randomly and certain keys weren't working right. I knew something was up, so I looked up online something to do about it and was told to try to get any water out of t and blow dry on cool inside the keys a little. Well, I did that, waited a day and the thing is completely bricked right now. By pressing the button on the side. I know it is fully charged, but the power button will not turn it on. I've tried to take out the battery and everything, to no avail.

Basically in wondering if there is anything more I can do by myself or if I'm going to have to take it in somewhere and have them look at it. It's a late 2008 or early 2k9 model, can't remember which. However I'm really not looking to replace it right now since I'm saving up for a PC (this was a gift from my company) sorry about the massive text wall and spelling mistakes, I'm typing from my iTouch right now. Thank you all

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Then wait a couple of seconds and press the power button again. Make sure it's plugged into power just in case the battery has been drained.

3. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Sounds like the keyboard shorted. In Macbook Pro's the power button is routed through the keyboard.

There are pads on the logic board to bypass the power button to test but you would need to know the exact model to know where the pads are.

4. iTryhard thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked its a late 2008 model.

Dalton, I think you're right about it being a keyboard short. What could I do in this situation? Where would I need to bring it to fix it? And how much would you say it might cost?

5. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otlj_ZGymbc Of course you need to do this with the lid open.

6. iTryhard thread starter macrumors newbie

This ks what it's looking like inside. It's a 15' model, not a 13. Does anyone know what to do to see I this thing is keyboard related?

Attached Files:

7. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

can you post a better/clearer image. You could as well try a search for the technicians manual for your model it should be given as to where the bypass pads are located. In my white macbook it was just above the keyboard connector cable the one one the left of the brown cable you see of your mbp(right of your ram)