URGENT NEED OF HELP. iPhone 3GS Stuck On Apple Logo with Spinning Wheel.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shamzzr, Jun 23, 2011.

1. shamzzr, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

shamzzr macrumors newbie

I have bought a iphone 3gs over ebay. Apple logo stays on I have had to hard reset the iphone to delete the previous owners personal data.

When I connect to iTunes the phone is stuck onto the apple logo and after a few minutes, the spinning wheel comes on and I cannot do anything about it. I have put the iphone into DFU mode and had updated the iOS to 4.3.3 but it is still stuck on to the apple logo with the spinning wheel.

I have tried this method but still no luck:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=892304

I have also been able to downgrade the iOS to 4.1 and can Jailbreak the device with Reds0w. But still have the apple logo loop with the spinning wheel.

Can someone please give me any tips on what I can do as I am running out of ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    :)

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. shamzzr thread starter macrumors newbie

I have downloaded TinyUmbrella v5.00.00. I can only select the 'Enter Recovery' , 'Save SHSH' & 'Start TSS Server'.
    :confused:

4. Jjaro, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011

Jjaro macrumors regular

Jjaro

On TinyUmbrella's website, there are two links on the right side of the screen called "Fix Recovery [Windows]" and "Fix Recovery [OS X]". Download and try to use them (for whichever OS you have, be it Windows and/or Mac OS X). If I remember right you're phone has to be in DFU mode. But it says right in the software when you launch it (the one for OS X is a terminal app BTW, never used it on Windows. I do all my iPhone/iPad **** in OS X vs. using Windows). Hopefully this helps you out, but I have never had the problem you are having specifically... I just had it stuck in Recovery and these apps kicked my phone back to "normal".

5. thewall macrumors member

thewall

Hi try this bloke he is very good with ipods and a mate repaired many a phone and ipod for me
    www.batteries-4u.co.uk