URGENT! Need to charge my MacBook in Mosjøen, Norway.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Cybofish, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Cybofish macrumors newbie

Hi!

I am currently far from home, sitting on my own in a small apartment in Mosjøen, Norway. I have to stay close because I am on call as a doctor, but the day is extremely slow. I have been entertaining myself with my trusted macbook until an hour ago, when it died on me. Turns out, the MagSafe adapter has stopped working, and now the battery is dead.

So my short question: Does anybody know how to find a fellow Mac user when on the road. I know there are user groups dedicated to different brands of cars, where members promise to help each other out when in trouble. Does anything like that exist for Mac users?

Any help is much appreciated. Fortunately, my iPhone is still operational.

Regards,
    a bored doc.

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

If you haven't already done so, clean the two ends of the adapter. Since they are magnetic one end may have picked up piece of debris, and prevented a clean connection. A toothbrush or similar should do the trick.

Good Luck.

3. Cybofish thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip, but I already tried that. I need a new adapter.

Thanks anyway.

4. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Welcome Doc, you came to the right place. Idk if you'll be able to find someone but you might wanna put where you are in the thread title so that people can see it. To edit the title, just double click it.

also, if your computer is dead? How are you communicating with us?

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

OK, well then short of floating a spare one across the top of the globe on an iceberg and hoping that you are on a fjord I'm out of ideas....

Good Luck

6. Cybofish thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, so ordered.

I am using my iPhone to communicate.

/Doc

7. Cybofish thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually AM on a fiord, but I doubt the iceberg will get here in time to prevent me dying from boredom...

Thanks for the effort, though.

8. snberk103 macrumors 603

Just start a new thread about how much better X is to anything Apple, and you'll have lots to read almost immediately.

Or how Norway's pickled herring is better than - well, anything the Americans can cook. It's OK, I'm from Canada - so you can pick on our southern neighbours.

Or, start a new thread and state that Norway's fjords are bigger than any fjord in the US, outside of Alaska. I'll bet you get a couple of Texans who will argue with you. Really. Or New Yorkers.

ps I live across a strait from a fjord.... southern most one in North America.... Howe Sound, in BC.