URGENT!!! On phone with Applecare need to know what to get as specs for replcment MP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ildondeigiocchi, May 19, 2009.

1. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Ok guys urgent help. Can't type much. On phone with Apple care. My MP screwed up. I spent 4000$ on it last year. They said they'd send me a replacement one in return with the same value. What processor options should i opt for. Need help fast...

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I would say go to store.apple.com and configure one that suits you asap.

3. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Judgin by the specs in your sig, it hast to be an Octo core and needs to have the upgraded 4870 graphics. Other than that I wouldn't expect much. Since they're organising a replacement machine for you, I would try to push for the Octo 2.66GHz instead of the Octo 2.26GHz model if possible. The 2.26's actually faster I believe now than the old Octo 2.8 but you don't have to admit that to them on the phone, claim that the megahertz is slower and that's not right or something.

4. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

No way this is true.

5. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

I love Apple. They've agreed to send me an octocore 2.66GHZ brand new Mac Pro. Thanks Steve;)

6. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

:D Woohoo! Great news!! I'm planning on buying a Mac Pro and Applecare. I am starting to hope it stuff's up two years into the warranty - so I can get the latest Mac Pro just like you. :cool:

7. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

I wish I was so lucky. I should probably call applecare. I've been through 4 graphics cards, a logic board replacement, and superdrive replacement. It runs now, but now my Airport card doesnt work. Endless problems with mine.

I was promised at my local apple store to have a replacement, now they tell me they wont do that because "i'm having too many repairs so close together" they think I'm scamming them or something.

I'm calling applecare.

EDIT: Might I add this all started occurring in Dec. 2008, my computer has been in and out of repair since that point. I've been unable to do a lot of heavy work since all I had was a macbook ;)

8. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Sounds like the retailer's playing with power they don't have. Call AppleCare and skip any in-store BS!

9. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

10. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

You should get a replacement machine after the 3rd hardware fail – you've had 6!!

11. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

The 3rd failure of the same piece of hardware.

Not three seperate kinds of hardware.

12. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

This is how Apple determines status for a CRU:
    • 3 repairs of same item
    • 4 "major" repairs

Of course, they also have a say as to whether you get the upgrade because of fraudulent intent or they can offer you one early based on other factors.

13. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030