Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Does anyone know if you can do an upgrade swap for att service, at the apple store when buying an iphone.Also are you allowed to reserve two phones on the apple store app, as I have two lines eligible for upgrade...THANKS

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
The easiest way to do an upgrade swap is to upgrade the lines that are eligible for the upgrade, then swap SIM cards (either there or when you get home).

I recently got the White iPhone 4, my mom's iPhone 3GS died and rather than pay the out-of-warrenty price at Apple to get it exchanged, she decided to use my dad's upgrade to get herself the iPhone 4.

We went to Best Buy because they were the only ones that still had 16GB iPhone 4's in stock (everyone now only has 8gb), They upgraded my dad's line but put my mom's SIM card in the phone, and as soon as we got home my mom and I exchanged phones (I put my SIM card in the White iPhone and she put her SIM card in the Black iPhone, we restored from back-ups with no issue).

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
I did this. Just purchase the iPhones at the apple store then go into any At&t corp. store and they will do the rest! It took them just a few minutes to do so and it was painless. Activate the phones on the line's you upgraded then you can do a sim swap. Piece of cake!!

jtgamer

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Springfield, VA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I also did this today. Bought my brother a new 32gb 4S using my other line that was ready for upgrade at the AT&T store and went to best buy to do a IMEI and sim swap.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Apple will not do upgrade swaps at their stores, but pretty much any other authorized retailer (RadioShack, Best Buy, mom & pop shop, etc.) and corporate stores can do it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.