US appeals rules against Obama's individual HC mandate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IntelliUser, Aug 12, 2011.

1. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

US appeals rules against Obama's individual HC mandate

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-health-insurance-requirement/article2127971/

I have to say I agree with this fully, the American people should not be forcefully subjected to buying health care through the same companies that have been giving them the spiked baseball bat up the ass for years. Corporate welfare at it's best, let us hope this is ruled unconstitutional so the federal government can be put back in their place. The use of interstate commerce clause is out of hand.

A hybrid of UHC and private insurrance is clearly the only path.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

4. wpotere Guest

This thing is doomed to fail anyway. Americans don't get it and probably won't for a long time. I have used universal health care in Germany and think that it is awesome but because everyone has an agenda we will never see it. Even if someone did get a solid plan in place it would get butchered so that they could get something out of it for themselves.

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

A single-payer system must be implemented. Private options may remain, but as long as the insurance industry and its elected shills continue to oppose a viable single-payer system the problem will worsen and the bulk of the citizenry will suffer for it.

The court in the article has a conservative track record (despite attempts by the author to mitigate that reputation), and given the current political climate there are no surprises as to the result. Conservatives and Liberals will not work together. We are at an indefinite political impasse.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wrong- liberals have been more than willing to work with conservatives. Conservatives just sit there and say "no" anytime liberals ask for anything.

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

My personal opinion is that both liberals and conservatives are both decidedly to blame - but the conservatives deserve more blame, particularly the Tea-Party affiliated politicians, who are largely incompetent populists.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It is kind of hard to work with any one who says my way or the highway. GOP has been pretty stead fast in its complete refusal to compromise.

9. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The Democrats have shown an inability to operate as a unit when required. They're not off the hook either.

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I think that's one of the most damning things about congressional Democrats, they're a herd of cats incapable of moving in one direction much less accomplishing something complex against Republican politicking and maneuvering.

11. bizzle macrumors 6502a

FINALLY! Government should play no role in heath coverage other than making it so the public will not be gouged to death for being ill.

12. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

And how exactly does the government do that without playing a role in healthcare?

13. samiwas Suspended

And they would do this through what...regulation? That's an even dirtier word than "government-sponsored" to conservatives.

14. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Lol, oh the irony.
    [​IMG]

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I think it was Will Rogers who said:

"I don't belong to any organized political party - I'm a Democrat" ;) :D

16. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Liberals are also to blame because they don't have the balls to actually debate on anything, and just cave to teabaggers, every time!

17. Ravaroo macrumors 6502

Ravaroo

which is what we can least afford

with the insurance and pharmaceutical lobby groups having such deep pockets, any chance of reform needs every vote it can get

18. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Yes they are to blame for being horribly ineffective.

But being ineffective is not the same as being un-willing to negotiate, the Democrats have always been willing to negotiate. In fact I would say they've been far to willing to negotiate.

By now they should have learned that the republicans have no interest in working with the democrats. I'm amazed Obama thought he could operate a "bipartisan" government, I guess he's just incredibly naive.