US apple store refund policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by srsub3, Apr 3, 2013.

1. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

Hi there... i need to buy an iPhone for a trip to Italy in July... I need to buy an unlocked from the apple store, but knowing the 5s so near I don't want to buy a fully priced thing and then lost a lot of value in 4 weeks.
    My idea is this: after reading apple policies I discovered that you can return the phone in a period of 30 days after the purchase and get the refund. At this time I can then buy the 5s when it comes out
    My concerns: Has anyone tried this before? Do you get all your money back as a bank account refund or as gift card? Is there any restocking fee?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks for reading:apple:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The next iphone will not be out in less than 30 days.
    Maybe 4 more months.

3. srsub3 thread starter macrumors 6502

srsub3

thanks captain obvious.... If you read carefully I stated in July... I will buy it in July.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Missed that party, sorry:)
    If you paid by credit or debit card, refunds will be sent to the card-issuing bank within five business days of receipt of the returned item. Please contact the card-issuing bank with questions about when the credit will be posted to your account.

Apple Store Gift Card refunds for products purchased from the Apple Online Store will be provided via an Apple Store Gift Card by Email within 3 business days. If you’d like to receive an Apple Store Gift Card by Mail, please allow up to eight business days to receive your refund via United States Postal Service (USPS). If you are returning an item at an Apple Retail Store, you will receive a new Apple Store Gift Card.

If you paid with a money order, cashier’s check or other cash equivalent, you will be refunded in the form of a check from Apple, which will be mailed to your billing address. Please allow about 10 days to receive your check from the time we receive you return.

5. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Are you a "Genius" ? Which Apple store do you work at ? :D
    lol

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. beMaC macrumors member

Highly unlikely the new iPhone will be released in July, but never say never

8. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Maybe late July, but one has to be high on the pre-purchase list, and hope the darn thing arrives in July, and not August :D And I hope this happens to you for wanting to get something and swapping out later, not because something is wrong with the phone, but to just play games with Apples policy. :mad:

9. rockitdog macrumors 68020

For a company that is so tight with all of their stuff, their return policy on iPhones is very generous. Just make sure you don't drop or break your iphone while overseas, that happened to someone I know. And without Apple Care they were SOL.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Easy fix for that. On the last day of the return policy, if the new phone hasn't launched yet, return the thing anyway. Go buy a phone from another Apple store, rinse and repeat until new phone launches. I am not saying he should do this, but it is not that hard NOT to be "stuck" with a phone.

By the way, these prices are all factored into the retail price of the phone. Apple is able to allow for "generous" return and repair policies due to their "generous" markup. By buying (and keeping) the phone you are subsidizing the returns/repairs of strangers. Business! :cool:

11. predation macrumors 6502a

just pay with cash and don't give them your email/phone number. lol oR your name! hahah