Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Not going to school

Not working for a large company

Working only part-time and have a life experience in Europe for a few years, how do you go about it? Can you get a proper visa?

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Not going to school

Working only part-time and have a life experience in Europe for a few years, how do you go about it? Can you get a proper visa?
I don't know about the visas, but there's a huge demand for native English teachers in most countries (everywhere except UK, for obvious reasons). Of course, speaking a language != teaching a language, so you'll have to learn how to teach (several levels, books, etc) before you go, but being a native speaker is a huge advantage.

Better learn Arabic first.
I'm not sure whether it was an attempt at a joke, but it's just stupid (and wrong, too). It's like saying "Oh, you're going to New York for a week? Make sure you get a gun and a parachute, those Americans are crazy and they'll shoot you."

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Not going to school

Contact the countries embassy websites for the latest requirements.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Check with the embassies of the countries you intend to work in whether it is legal to 'work part-time' for a number of years. You may be asked to demonstrate whether you will be self-supporting, or have adequate means to sustain yourself while you are in Europe.

Different European countries have different labour laws and the labour market is a lot more closed in some European countries than it is in others. Likewise, the nature of the visa will differ; there is a difference between a work visa, and a tourist visa. My advice would be to check with the embassies.

XoFu

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2013
Better learn Arabic first.
If it is a joke it is a bad joke. If not, such ignorance .... There is not arabic speaking country in Europe.
Do you even know where Europe is? You should look it up and learn something today. :(

XoFu

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2013
Not going to school

Northen countries usually make it more difficult for non-europeans to get a job visa. Southern countries are more relaxed...but jobs are difficult to come by.
Europe is quite big and diverse, I guess that it would help if you had an idea of which culture you want to experience and then contact embassy or consulates to get the info.
Good luck, have fun and see you around here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.