US court bars Trump from changing military policy on service by transgender people

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Well bad ideas end badly, often 'bigly' for Trump.

Let's see if he's going to go up the court chain on this one.

Reactions: arkitect

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
Ok, so if I were President: Would allow transgender in the military, but they have to conform to military regulations per their biological gender. Male still have to conform to hair cuts and uniform regs with no ear rings. Same for females. Out side the base or ship can wear what they want. In any military installation must be dressed according to military regulations per biological gender. Living quarters will also be housed according to biological gender.

No elective surgeries or treatments based on trangender status.

Last edited:

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
North Country (way upstate NY)
Ok, so if I were President: Would allow transgender in the military, but they have to conform to military regulations per their biological gender. Male still have to conform to hair cuts and uniform regs with no ear rings. Same for females. Out side the base or ship can wear what they want. In any military installation must be dressed according to military regulations per biological gender. Living quarters will also be housed according to biological gender.

All the transgender stuff is in place and we're all trained Trump didn't have to do anything especially single handedly and on twitter. Just about every time he does this someone cuffs him in the mouth, he just got cuffed in the mouth

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump

What about soldiers who have already transitioned?

Moreover, I get that this is an attempt to compromise, but I think it fails to seriously consider the needs of some military personnel. And, it will likely fail to survive an Equal Protection claim.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Sounds good, there wasn’t any reason to ban them from serving. I would be a little concerned about the risk from high suicide rates in both the transgender and military communities, but none of the people in charge seem to be worried about that so it probably won’t increase the suicide rates of the people that serve too much.