US election 2016: Trump unfit to be president - Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by deany, Aug 2, 2016.

1. deany macrumors 68030

deany

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Let's also ask what has taken place that the things Trump has said to bring in so much support, encouragement, and hope from the voters - to even where establishment Republicans don't agree because he doesn't put out the same old empty rhetoric that contradicts action.

And, yes, if defenders of Obama can say that he found the right people to bring in* despite having no experience and was nothing more than a community organizer, how come it's assumed Trump can't do the same? Just pointing out casually what people over the years have said, which is hardly arcane or buried knowledge.

* even if some were Republicans, like Robert Gates, Timothy Geithner, Chuck Hagel, Merrick Garland, etc...

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I can here in the US.

The dumbing down of America?

Okay, let me not be so flippant. It's obvious neither party has worked for Americans the way they said they would. That said, Trump is so mentally unstable it's hard to fathom why any reasonable person would support him. That's why I made the "dumbing down" remark.

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Obama was nothing more than a community organizer. Not true. Not saying he had loads of experience but come on. And when Obama said Trump was unfit, unless I missed something, he was talking about Trump's temperament not his experience.

5. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

I know its been said before but I wonder if Trump is batting for the other side.
    Trump is so unprofessional and lacking any sort of credibility as a world class leader with his controversial comments, he is not doing himself any favours (which is fine as I cant stand the man).
    I just hope he keeps this up as he is distancing himself from the Whitehouse everyday.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I've thought the same thing from the beginning. A short 4 years ago the man spoke so highly of democrats. Truth is he's a NYC liberal.

7. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

If Obama had no experience and was nothing more than a community organizer, then I am nothing more than an ice-cream scooper at Friendly's and we must all be defined by our first jobs forever.

Yes, Obama was a community organizer out of college. Then he went to law school. Then he was an academic lecturing on and studying constitutional law for over a decade. Then he ran a non-profit. Then he was a civil rights litigation attorney for over a decade. Then he ran a non-profit again for a little while. Then he was a state senator for 7 years, then a US senator for 3 years.

To say he is nothing more than a community organizer is to ignore nearly 30 years of experience in studying constitutional law, litigating for civil rights, running non-profits, and governing.

If Obama is nothing more than a community organizer, then Trump is nothing more than a middle-class rental housing landlord.

Do you define yourself by your first job?

8. krause734 macrumors 6502

krause734

I really think you should have to be governor of a state before you can be leader of the free world. It would weed out a lot of losers.

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Dont forget he was also a State Senator.

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Ehhh, I'm not so sure that's a particularly reasonable statement. There are a lot of governors, A LOT, who I presume could be called "losers". What about Senators and Congressmen/Congresswomen? Do they lack governmental experience?

Eliot Spitzer? John Rowland? Rod Blagojevich? Just to name a few. And those just the ones who broke the law.

11. chown33 macrumors 604

Gary Johnson salutes you.

12. krause734, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016

krause734 macrumors 6502

krause734

That's exactly my point. The loser governors would not run for president. The best ones would. Make them run a state successfully before you hand over the nuclear codes. Senators are usually lower caliber than governors but I suppose it's better than nothing. For example Mitt Romney was much more qualified than Obama.

13. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

you think this is all a master ruse? honestly some of the **** hes done/said is mind-boggingly ridiculous almost the to point of sabotage. like, you really don't know if he's actually being serious or not

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Yes but what if the sexual allegations and fraud don't come to light until after their term as governor. There's also a lot of govorners elected time and time again despite awful results. It's not a fool proof system. You have potentially far more capable people outside the pool of a handful size pool of governors. And not all of those governors probably want or can afford (both financially and in other respects) a presidential campaign. Someone while served 4 or 8 years as governors may have more political experience than someone with 30 years in private business, but perhaps not as much as someone with 30 years in the Senate. Anyways, you're dwindling your pool down to a very select group of people. And experience does not necessarily imply adept skill.