US elections 2016 - have you been polled this summer?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LizKat, Jul 11, 2016.

1. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I was polled the other day about the 2016 elections. It was a short poll and entirely automated. Among the questions was an interesting one that I had not heard before. I hasten to add I don’t get polled very often. Maybe twice during the primary season.

They asked if I watched television to get my news about politics. It was just thrown in there amid otherwise usual queries about ranking the two major party candidates.

The poll didn’t go into policy questions at all short of asking if I thought “jobs and the economy, press 1, immigration, press 2, etc” was the most important issue. The order of those issue options didn’t sound ranked any differently from your average top ten topics Americans are concerned about. –

In fact I began to think that the poll was mostly about that question of whether I watched TV to get political news. I had said no to that. Sometimes with automated polls when you say yes or no to something and your response is one where they lose interest in your responses and filter you out, they say thank you and then just hang up on you. But that was not the case here. They went on to the end where thay have the full drill thank you blah blah blah.

I’m wondering if the Trump campaign is starting to figure why buy expensive time on TV if fewer people are watching, just stick with free media coverage and tweets?!!

Have you been polled since the primaries ended? What’s special about any polls you’ve been asked to participate in lately?

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I have never ever been polled on any election. Pity too as I am full of opinions. :D

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

3 times so far........most election years I get polled several times

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

We never, ever answer the landline. Always let the machine pick it up.

Leave me a message, maybe I'll call.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

What's a landline?

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It's what people used to use back in the day before the internet and cell phones. It was a big long tube that connected to everyone's houses that you'd shout into to talk to people.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The ****ing recurring monthly fee your cable company forces you to have in order to get decent rates on cable and Internet.

I've polled many times in previous elections. Once this time so far, on my cell. Told the jackass I'm voting for Trump.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I haven't, I'm guessing it's because I don't have a landline.

9. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

No - pollsters never consider the 7 million Americans overseas.