(US Football) Mock Favre Funeral in WI...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TwinCities Dan, Oct 31, 2009.

1. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  2. str1f3 macrumors 68000

I could care less. It baffles me how Farve gets as much press as he does. At no point during his career was he the best QB in the league. The press loved him for his "flaws" yet gave everyone else a hard time with their addictions. Farve, while a good QB, is not nearly as good as his press. He has won only 1 Super Bowl while the QBs he's consistently mentioned with have won multiple (only exception is Marino whom Farve can't compare to). Give me a break. I can't wait until he retires so I don't have to hear anymore about him.

3. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

That's a bit much as far as I'm concerned. Everything else I've heard about is fine, but this, come on.
    I too hope the Vikings beat the Packers into the ground on Sunday!:p
    Gooooooooo Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Back in the early Eighties – to protest about the desperate state our football was in – a coffin was marched to the ground. To show that the club was on its last legs, and all that.

Coffins – the prop of choice for the discerning American/Association football supporter.

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

puhleeze. Can't compare to Marino? Who's record did he just break? QBs he's consistently mentioned with? Takes more than a quarterback to win the Bowl. He's clearly put the Vikes in contention no matter how annoying his off the field antics are. At no point in his career was he the best QB in the league? If he wasn't then he was number 2 often and all of those #1 QBs retired a generation or two ago. Some teams have gone through 15-20 QBs in the career of Favre.

If you think a Super Bowl victory means you're awesome then..well. :confused:

Edit: Also, it's couldn't care less. If you could care less that gives the impression that you are mildly interested and have a stake in the overall discussion of whatever the topic is. If you tell me you could care less, you still are engaged. In your future when you want to say that you don't give a crap about something, you want to say, "I couldn't care less."

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

244 yards and 4 touchdowns is pretty good for a dead man. :D I know a lot of people are tired of him, but I'm glad he's back and glad he took it to the Packers twice this year. The Vikings have the ability to go deep in the playoffs if not all the way. We'll just have to see what happens in the second half of the season.