US gun sales could hit a record high in 2015 with no signs of slowing down

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 5, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

children and their toys make them fear and they will spend big bucks. all we need is another mass shooting so more guns will be sold. All hail the NRA.

3. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

The most violent time in our country was the 1990s and the violence has dropped significantly, despite 100+ million guns sold since the 1990s.

Gun control is unconstitutional anyway. The .0001% chance they pass anything, we won't comply anyway. Hell, they can't even get more than a couple percent of people to comply in liberal bastions such as NY and CT!

But if you want to actually address the rare mass shooting then perhaps we need SSRI control.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

fta

"More guns meant more deaths, they found. "The gun ownership rate was a strong and independent predictor of firearm-related death," says Bangalore. "Private gun ownership was highest in the US. Japan, on the other end, had an extremely low gun ownership rate. Similarly, South Africa (9.4 per 100,000) and the US (10.2 per 100,000) had extremely high firearm-related deaths, whereas the United Kingdom (0.25 per 100,000) had an extremely low rate of firearm-related deaths."

In related news the sky is blue.

5. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Indeed, the article points out the obvious, but the obvious is not so obvious to those who love guns lol.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

REPLACE guns with RIGHTS.

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Or 'guns/rights'.

We all have rights and enjoy them. You guys are just about as militant as you can get with exercising them though.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

YOU might lose that which you don't exercise ;)

9. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I can't think of any that I am particularly passionate about to be honest, apart from my right to vote or my right to a solicitor.

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

I for one was thoroughly dissapointed by the 1986 act passed that banned my right to handle salmon under suspicious circumstances.

Brits managed to overturn this one without the use of guns.

11. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

Nor is it obvious to someone who needs protection. I'm suppose to give up my rights to defend myself and my family because.......

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Who is putting out hits on you, or why don't you move to a safer neighborhood? I don't see why anyone would live somewhere where they felt that their life was in so much danger that they needed to carry a weapon, I wouldn't care if I had to give up everything and start from scratch I'd be moving out of there.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You assume people have that choice for one and that crime does not happen in nicer areas

14. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You know, I'd take the MY GUNS MY RIGHTS people a lot more seriously if they were just as vigilant about protecting the rest of the constitution.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No probiejs with gay marriage
    I despise the NSA/P.A
    HEARING us stand for the second does not mean we don't think the rest of our rights or everyone's rights are not important.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I was making more of a generalization of what I've seen on the internet.

"olol, someone needs to tell these liberals that the constitution isn't a living document. LEAVE THE 2ND ALONE! REPEAL THE 14TH AMENDMENT!"

18. Oudinot, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015

Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

There is not a major city in the US/World that doesn't have gangs or just bad people in them. Some areas cannot be avoided. These guys are not chained up but are free to roam pretty much where they want to go. Home invasions happen all over the place. Ever had a vehicle break down?

You must live in a wonderful place where you can avoid all crime. Ever wonder why the low life criminals don't stay in their own neighnorhoods? Remember, when seconds count cops are just minutes away.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

:kiss: you need to get out more:kiss:

20. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

There's going to be a lot of unprepared people if and when civil war breaks out in this highly charged environment.

Once upon a time, for decades we had real, authentic, strong leaders as Presidents. Never perfect, they weren't expected to be, just get the job done which each of them did.

Today and until next November we have a person that's taunting the very people who he pandered to by randomly spewing venom and lies they believe because unfortunately they're not as informed about politics through no fault of their own. They rely on him and he's throwing them under the bus so fast it's sickening.

When they've had enough, and he still salts the wounds all hell will break loose. Surely you've seen the small and not so small "celebrations" that break out after major league championship victories. Trashing stores, turning over cars.

That's nothing. When the mob arrives in your neighborhood the liberals won't fend them off with words. Denial and hoping for the best won't save your family. Good Luck.

21. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

If you need protection then sadly the problem runs a lot deeper than the need to own firearms. Instead of being complacent in feeling safe that you have a gun just in case, you should be tackling the wider issue of why violent crime is so likely in the first place.

The reason you need guns is because most criminals in your culture also carry them. Most criminals here don't and the reason for that is because they are a lot harder to get hold of. Sure there are black market imports but these are mainly in the hands of underworld gangs who pose a much lesser risk to the average joe living in suburbia. Gang shootings are common-ish, but gun crime on the whole here is low and this has a lot to do with the fact that very few people here own firearms. There are less guns to break in and steal to be used in crime, therefore the chances of needing one is slim to none. :)

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There are around 5000 violent home invasions a year in America. They are very much the minority.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The NSA will just round up and shoot all the gun owners if there's any risk of civil war. The army will take control.