US Holidays shown in the calendar app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nanogirl21, Mar 14, 2012.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Hi guys I am having trouble trying to get US Holidays to show up on my calendar. I have “subscribed” to the correct calendar and it is turned on. However, the dates/events are not showing up in the calendar app and it is not shown in the calender section in the actual app. I have attached screen shoots of the calendar and the settings that I have. Can someone please help me to show US Holidays in the calendar app. I am on a 4s IOs 5.0.1.

Also, iCloud sync is turned off because that is the only way to manually add events to the calendar via the phone.

Attached Files:

2. Cowboy8467 macrumors member

3. cochon macrumors newbie

cochon

4. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I just tried that but it is saying that it is unable to verify the account. Can you please take a snapshot of your "settings" so I can see you have have it set it up. Also, can you snapshot list of calenders in the actual calenders app. I don't know why I am having such a hard time. :mad:

5. Cowboy8467 macrumors member

Hmmm, this is how I have it set up on my phone.

Attached Files:

6. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I copied and pasted the link this time to make sure everything was spelled correctly and it did go through. However, still no calender update. I did a respring and a full reboot. Do you think it is something to do with iCloud or how I am syncing my device to my windows computer? I currently am syncing my contacts with Outlook but not any calenders. Here is the current screenshots.

Attached Files:

7. Cowboy8467 macrumors member

It could possibly have something to do with how you have your phone synced with outlook. I don't sync my phone with any computer programs, but I do have iCloud enable and it doesn't seem to be causing me any trouble. The one thing I'm noticing though is under the Calendar screen on my screenshots is says "Subscribed- US Holiday" above Birthdays and I'm not seeing that on yours.

Did you trying clicking "edit" on that screen and adding a calendar and making sure the holidays one was added and enabled?

Edit: I also use Windows

8. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Is this the full address "http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/usa_en/holiday.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics"?

9. Cowboy8467 macrumors member

No, this is what I get:

http://www.google.com/c alendar/ical/usa__en%40holiday.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

I added a space so it wouldn't automatically make it a url and truncate it.

10. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Tried that (w/o the space) and keep getting unable to verify account info

11. Cowboy8467 macrumors member

I'm not sure what to tell you guys. I remember that I followed some step-by-step instructions to get it set up on my phone maybe a year or two ago, but I can't seem to find the ones I used when I do a google search. I know that I didn't use the ones that are coming up when I search for it now.

12. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

13. Rommel182 macrumors newbie

14. drewv macrumors newbie

15. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

If I click download it tries to launch a program. It is not "subscribing" to my phone.

----------

That is what I tried at first. ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics is what is in the original post picture.

----------

I just tried https://www.google.com/c alendar/ical/en.usa%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics and just like all the others it failed I went to the website and it has instructions about "iCal" being that im a windows user I have no idea what that is

----------

I dont know what the problem is but after hours of researching and trying all the suggested methods I am still unable to get the events to show up in the actual calender app the links and sources are being accepted in settings but the events are not showing up on my calender let alone in calender settings I will just do without this feature its unfortunate that its not working but oh well

16. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

sorry that it didn't work...

settings/mails, contacts, calendars/add account/other/add subscribed calendar

and just input this

httpS:/ /www.google.com/calendar/ical/en.usa%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

and NEXT

and it should be good to go....

I tried exactly this....sorry i don't know why it didn't work for you....

PS: I don't want to sound condescending but just in case, did you select the subscribed calendar in the calendar APP? and don't forget the httpS -> not sure if this matters though.. :)

17. Cowboy8467 macrumors member

This was my question too, only because I noticed that on your screenshots it doesn't show you are subscribed to it, like in the second photo you posted in the OP, whereas on mine it shows I am subscribed to it in the second photo I posted.

18. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

The weird thing is that it's not anything to select besides what was on snapshot (on my phone and birthdays) if I click edit from that screen and can just toggle those two sections on and off.

19. Sulten macrumors regular

Sulten

This one worked for me if it works please post a reply and yes under US32H those are needed to b caps.

1. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    2. Under Accounts, tap Add Account
    3. Tap Other
    4. Under Calendars, tap Add Subscribed Calendar
    5. In the Server box, type http://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics
    6. Tap Next
    7. Tap Save (no other entries needed)

20. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Failed again unable to verify account information

Attached Files:

21. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to do the same thing, and got the exact same error message.

22. Sulten macrumors regular

Sulten

I'm not sure why it doesnt work

Attached Files:

23. Sulten macrumors regular

Sulten