US May Have Let 'Dozens' of Terrorists Into Country As Refugees

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.abcstlouis.com/news/feat...Country-As-Refugees-233432.shtml#.VkzgF3arSUm

so the only way they currently know who is a terrorist is by fingerprints found in non-exploded devices, and we are pretending more terrorist at NOT going to be among the refugees coming in?

[​IMG]

2. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

3. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, according to the story, the men were discovered in 2009 and arrested in 2011.

In other words, in 2009 the FBI realized that they weren't using their archive of IEDs to recover fingerprints, which allowed two men to come into the United States despite a history of bomb-making. However, DHS has updated its procedures since 2009.

So, while this story uses the present tense (and exclusive!), there's no evidence that the U.S. refugee program continues to allow people connected with terrorism in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria into this country.

And, just FYI for people panicking about Syrian refugees, according to the State Department, nearly half of those who have come are children under the age of 14.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if they DON'T have the fingerprints on file they DON'T know WHO the hell is a terrorist or has worked with terrorist, Rdowns claim was that since 2001 we had allowed 750k refugees into the U.S and none had been convicted or charged, that was false.

of course there's no evidence that the U.S. refugee program continues to allow people connected with terrorism in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria into this country, the U.S has no real way of verifying that

[​IMG]

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I didn't see rdowns claim, but yeah he's wrong. Probably because these guys though apparent scumbags, didn't commit an act of terror in the United States—apparently they were content with shipping arms and boasting of their exploits.

Look you can't prove a negative. You can't prove that 'x' number of Syrian refugees are ISIS members intent on creating havoc in the United States, and I can't prove that out of the nearly 2,000 Syrians brought in, none are ISIS sleepers. But, we can look at history in order to ascertain what's likely.

Right now, it looks like young American men with access to firearms and a tenuous grasp of reality are far more likely to commit an act of terror, but we're not pushing them out and we're not willing to take weapons away from the ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ crowd. Yet, a few bad guys in 2009 means we have to stop accepting refugees in 2015?

If we've allowed 750,000 refugees into the United States and only a very small group are connected to terrorism, and an even smaller group are willing to commit acts of terror, why deny entry to thousands of people who need help?

We've built ourselves a heady security state, and the 2A guys keep saying that all these CCW carriers could have stopped the Paris attacks, so we should be safe enough.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, like I said earlier, when we already have American psychos in our soil, WHY bring "POTENTIAL" extremist in? the U.S obviously has no way of knowing who the hell is a terrorist .

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Basically, you want to halt the resettlement of people from Bhutan (more than 5,000 this year) because you think that everyone is connected to terrorism. You have managed to play directly into the campaign from ISIS.

*slow clap*

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

please please please don't go down the same path Sim667 has. not you, please. dpn't imply things I have not said.

with that in mind, I don't see the problem with the people from Bhutan, hope there are no people with forged papers among them and I hope they are vetted as best we can.

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, be more precise and clear. If you don't mean all refugees, then be specific about what refugees should be barred from coming into the United States.

As for Bhutanese, part of the program includes interviews in the country of origin, so Syrians would have to sneak across a continent, learn the language and pretend to be local refugees to sneak in.

Or, they could just crib themselves a Belgian passport and fly here in first class. But, let's continue to freak out about refugees some more.

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Vet?

Let’s fantasize that there will be an aggressive vetting process and let’s fantasize that we have sufficient bureaucracy skilled in these matters and ability and resolve to see it through.

How do you vet those from a country that probably has no handle on who resides there?

Do you even think these folks are arriving with papers?

We didn't see any Disneyland lines in other countries. Just a bunch of people filling up land and soon the crime starting rising.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wasn't my claim dude, it was taken from The Economist.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

most of the news have concentrated on Syrian and Libyan refugees for that matter, sorry for not mentioning them exclusively .

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'd bet none of the stellar news sources you read printed this.

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/17/456395388/paris-attacks-ignite-debate-over-u-s-refugee-policy

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you posted it a few times and claimed I was the one who was "proven" wrong.

I am NOT "happy" to be right, I am sad that our own GOVT is dropping the ball this bad (see story) and that we are indeed freaking blind when it comes to being properly able to check peoples background, there is no wisdom in taking the chances, I am venting because we do NOT have a choice or say in the matter, refugees are coming in no matter what is said by the citizens OR the governors for that matter, I hope those who do make it in are indeed people who do not wish us any harm.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, since the discovery of the guys arrested in Kentucky, the claim is false. You were still wrong about the Boston Bomber as he was not admitted under the refugee program. A program, by the way, that declines about 75% of Syrian applications, according to some State Dept. official on CNN.

16. samiwas macrumors 65816

So, Bhutan refugees are okay, but Syrian ones are not?

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the program is irrelevant since the legal definition for them was as refugees as well. 75% while blind, not bad, still don't see the point in taking chances.

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

19. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Refugees from Bhutan are refugees from what?

According to The Guardian, it's one of the happiest countries in the world and tourism is very popular.

What standards exactly does Obama use for granting refugee status? Laid off from the yak farm? Bad hair day? Hemorrhoids?

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

relax man.
    [​IMG]

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

The votes.

22. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

when it comes to terrorists, why worry about refugees at all.....far easier for ISIS to send a few of their recruits who happen to be Belgian citizens..........or Dutch, or French, or British, or German........Europeans coming to the US under the visa waiver program can be here next week! :eek:

European "tourists" are actually more of a threat than a refugee who's going to spend a year or so waiting to get approved to come to the US

23. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

it is easier to brainwash teens into following them. it has happened over and over and since we practically give guns away in the us.

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Where can I sign up to get mine?

25. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

While your point has some truth, it's golfer boy and his love of Muslims, plus deep admiration of Radical Muslims, that inspires them to come to the USA where they'll be moved to the top of the list for VIP treatment and buckets of cash assistance.

With non stop attention except when boy wonder stops to spew hatred at Christians, the new "Americans" as he views them, will be free to operate consequence free.

Blind to the horrific killings, golfer boy... the head of the regime, is too busy bashing Republicans to face reality.