US Military plans against Iran include sending 120,000 troops to Middle East

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, May 13, 2019.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

If Bolton could attack Iran he would. Who knows what Trump will do. To him Iran = Obama’s failed Iran deal so I’m not so sure he couldn’t be talked into military action.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/world/middleeast/us-military-plans-iran.html

2. niji Contributor

niji

trump + (miller+bolton+(leftover )bannon-ites +apocalyptic evangelicals +the pro-Isreali wings of both parties) = terrifying news

what could possibly bring together Israel and pan-Arab states: their mutual hatred for Iran's version of Islam.

dems: impeach him so that McConnel and Graham can take responsibility for a no-conviction vote.
    a USA at war: trump gets re-elected.

my speculation: the saudi arabian vessels that had explosions were a conspiracy between trump and saudi arabia to use as a pretext.
    i expect more of these pretexts to come in the next few weeks.

what could possibly go wrong with bolton-trump's decision to send a warship there just as a "message" to iran.
    what could possibly go wrong.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

4. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

5. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Sounds like the CIA has figured out there are too many people on the ground in Venezuela disputing the lies they are promoting. Unfortunately we don’t have the same situation in Iran. Gotta war it up where you can control the narrative.

6. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

"Seit 5 Uhr 45 wird zurückgeschossen"

:eek:

7. niji Contributor

niji

love it. thanks. "Ab Mittwoch wird zurückgeschossen"

8. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Russia put their foot down in Venezuela so the US had to think twice about it. You didn’t see the US sending 120,000 men to go to war with Venezuela yet have you like with Iran. That will change of Russia or China intervene.

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Whatever stops our military conquests/#1 goto distraction from our domestic problems I'm all for.

10. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

11. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

12. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Lou Dobbs joins Iran saber-rattling.

http://mediaite.com/a/goloz

Trump says the rumor isn’t true...because if it was they’d be sending a lot more troops.

https://nbcnews.to/2VG3pKb

Instead of the 24/7 coverage of Mueller report the media should be digging into why all of a sudden there’s this itch to go to war with Iran. It sure seems like there are some hawks in the administration (John Bolton) almost provoking Iran into doing something they think would justify war.

13. raqball macrumors 68000

WASHINGTON — At a meeting of President Trump’s top national security aides last Thursday, Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan presented an updated military plan that envisions sending as many as 120,000 troops to the Middle East should Iran attack American forces

I'd support this... What do you all expect the US response to be IF Iran attacks US soldiers?

14. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I don't recall Iran sending military ships and fighter jets over to the US to provoke a military response from the US. I am going to Kruger National Park in Africa and should any animal attempt to attack me we would need to send in the military and take them all out o_O . This is the same line Israel uses with the Palestinians when coming in to uproot Palestinians from their homes and lands to build illegal settlements on where they tell the Palestinians that should we come under any threat, danger or attack we will shoot to kill :rolleyes:o_O Then those that attack or fight back are called and viewed as terrorists and Hamas supporters :rolleyes:o_O

Keep this in mind if you hear that a US ship was attacked or some other attack took place ;)

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/but-sir-its-an-american-ship-never-mind-hit-her-1.5492908
    https://theintercept.com/2017/06/06...details-of-israels-uss-liberty-attack-secret/

15. raqball macrumors 68000

IF Iran attacks our troops - I am in full support of turning the country into a parking lot....

16. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

As much as I realize you're not serious (you're never serious or to be taken seriously), if this did go through, it would be a disaster for the US. It's a country with over 80 million people and not particularly tribal like Iraq. The cost in American lives and dollars would make you uncomfortable. Beyond that the inevitable refugee issues would create additional problems and aid terrorist recruiting.

18. raqball macrumors 68000

I was dead serious.. What would be your reaction/resolution IF Iran were to unprovoked attack and kill US soldiers?

Turning their county into a parking lot works for me...

19. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Maybe you were, but I don't believe you.

20. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Shocker here...
    Now Marco Rubio is out there saying you can’t choose to believe the IC about Russian interference in our elections yet not believe them about Iran. First of all the IC has told us little about the current threat from Iran. And it’s entirely possible for someone like Bolton to pick and choose the intelligence he wants to believe or highlight if he’s looking for reasons to attack Iran. If Trump goes along with it he’ll be making a huge mistake. If he starts a war with Iran the public will really turn on him very fast. Nobody wants another Mid East war. And Trump ran on getting us out of foreign wars, not starting new ones.

21. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

As we can see this reminds me of those who said Iraq and Libya posed a threat while others said they did not

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ts-british-general-iran-orders-embassy-staff/

Religious war basically

https://www.axios.com/us-ambassador-israel-side-god-2da702a1-3e18-4bd4-8d78-7f6eb4f18c91.html
    --- Post Merged, May 15, 2019 ---
    To get or gather American support and justify an attack on Iran they may falsify an attack on American soldiers, American base or ship then say Iran did it. Need to look like the victim attacked by so called terrorists. They will need a pre-emptive attack with loss of lives to look like victims striking back to have public support. I doubt Iran will start a war but if attacked they will strike back. Not in their interests to start a war and most likely the last thing on their list now.

22. raqball macrumors 68000

I'm devastated... I'll try harder in the future to post something you'll believe... NOT... :eek:

23. Rigby macrumors 601

Looks like one of the geniuses who brought us the Iraq war is at it again and found a useful tool in a clueless president. Perhaps Trump could hire Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz too. Only the best people.

24. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

He stands by his call for the genocide of innocent people in response to an attack on US soldiers.

25. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat