US Residents -- Have you voted yet?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Oct 27, 2010.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If not, GO DO IT! Most states are accepting votes already, so take advantage of it. Make the lines shorter at the polling places to make it easier for others to vote. Remind your friends, family, and co-workers to do the same.

And if you can't vote yet, make sure you've gone through the voter guides and done your homework so you're making informed choices. Then you're in and out when the time comes, again shortening lines to help others vote.

It's that time! Democracy in action, baby! I can't help being excited despite knowing I'm going to be on the losing end of the stick that night.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I might make it today. If not, tomorrow.

GO VOTE, EVERYONE!

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've never missed voting in an election since I turned 18. Can't wait to see the new electronic voting machines here in NY. Always amazed me that I voted using machines that were in use when I was a kid in school.

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I will more than likely take care of it on Friday. Time is a little short on the other days.
    As a rule I say if you do not vote you have no right to bitch.

If you voted you are free to bitch about the government. Even if it is about the guy you voted for. So go vote so you have the right to bitch.

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

8. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

States with early voting:

Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    District of Columbia
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

9. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Our are ready to go, except I just noticed that my wife forgot to sign the envelope exterior. Guess that means these go in the mail this afternoon after she gets home.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I go to school in Rochester. I found out last week that my voter registration got lost in the mail somehow on its way to CT (wasn't able to register in person before school started due to the timing of my birthday). Now I can't mail in my vote.

I will be unable to vote Blumenthal this election to attempt to keep McMahn out.

Thanks USPS.

11. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I voted last week, second day of early voting. I just don't like dealing with the long lines on election day.

jW

12. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I didn't get a voter's guide this year, probably because I've moved since registering. I'm going to study all the damned propositions this weekend (although I know my decision for 19). The only politician I'm the least bit enthused about voting for is Gavin for lt gov.

13. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

Hopefully it won't matter. Blumey practically handed McMahon the senate seat on a plate. Seriously, after 20 years in public office I'd have thought he'd run a more savvy campaign.

But he's still, like, 9 points up in most polls.

I sent in my absentee a while ago. It's terrible not knowing if it gets through okay, though. I have an awful feeling it'll get lost, or they find an ink smudge on it and disqualify it, or something.

What district of CT do you live in? Hopefully not 4 (fed) or 26 (local) . . . that's where need the most lefty votes. It's the Texas of CT (first hand experience here).

14. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Unenthusiastic votes count the same as enthusiastic ones. Get out there and vote!

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I live literally right next to Hartford.

16. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Voted by mail because its my obligation as citizen, not because i like to.

I believe public service should not be a career option but an obligation. One term in any one office and you are officially retired.

I love to see incumbents lose their jobs

17. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Don't worry, I'm enthusiastic about the process, I just don't feel we have any good candidates.

18. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Guess that means it's time to run! That's exactly why you see so many unexperienced first-time politicians coming from the Tea Party this year. People were just plain fed up and decided if no one else would do it, they would.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Then vote for the lesser of two evils. It's too important- especially this election.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think that's worse. If you had to choose between the two, would you rather have a bad doctor performing surgery on you, or someone who never went to medical school performing surgery on you?

21. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I am and will. There's no way my vote will let Witless into office.

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I already mailed in my Ballot about 2 weeks ago I think, I forgot what day it was. Hopefully it actually makes it in, I'm out of the US and don't really trust the postal system where I am.

23. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

When last was a vote anything else? The only thing worse than 2 bad choices is no choice at all.

24. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

We almost never do.