US, Russia announce Syria cease-fire after Trump-Putin talks

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://apnews.com/eaa310ccb6e04e0580759d4ce36e778b
HAMBURG, Germany (AP) — The United States and Russia struck an agreement Friday on a cease-fire in southwest Syria, crowning President Donald Trump’s first meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. It is the first U.S.-Russian effort under Trump’s presidency to stem Syria’s six-year civil war.

The cease-fire goes into effect Sunday at noon Damascus time, according to U.S. officials and the Jordanian government, which is also involved in the deal.
Trump 2020
Oclueless should have never bombed Syria or arm the rebels there

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Yet another win for Russia, they'll get to keep their puppet government and military outpost in the Mediterranean.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Don't worry, jkcerda. The anti-trumpeters are thinking of ways to put a negative spin on this. If it actually works out they'll say it was Rex, or Mattis. Any excuse not to give to Trump.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
The great negotiator here is how it went.

Trump: This hacking our election thing. Its not good, it is causing a lot of grief. I need an assurance this is not going to happen again.

Putin: We have nothing to do with the hacking.

Trump: I knew it. I always believed it was a 400 pound idiot in a basement in New Jersey.

Putin: Lets have some Vodka.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
He campaigned on this and it is long past time! This Russian spy hacking nonsense had gone on far too long anyway.
Sure, don't worry your pretty little head* about the Trump campaign/Administration have set a record for the most people who have either forgotten they had meetings with or muscharacterized their meetings with Russians. Nothing here to see, move along.

* note I would have used this phrase regardless of your gender. :)

As far as a cease fire, let's see how that goes.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Reactions: Rhonindk

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
cease fire is a start, and Trump WAS on his way out when all of the sudden Assad decided to cross the stupid red line :rolleyes:

see above. oclueless should have never gone to Syria in the first place.
Irrelevant. We don't know if the US is pulling out. A cease fire is a good thing provided it doesn't give Russia leverage.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Sure, don't worry your pretty little head* about the Trump campaign/Administration have set a record for the most people who have either forgotten they had meetings with or muscharacterized their meetings with Russians. Nothing here to see, move along.

* note I would have used this phrase regardless of your gender. :)

As far as a cease fire, let's see how that goes.
Trump has businesses in Russia, Hillary got bribed so the Russians could get uranium.
[doublepost=1499697011][/doublepost]
Irrelevant. We don't know if the US is pulling out. A cease fire is a good thing provided it doesn't give Russia leverage.
it's an illegal act of war, not "irrelevant".
leverage over what? did you know Assad is Russia's ally?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Trump has businesses in Russia, Hillary got bribed so the Russians could get uranium.
[doublepost=1499697011][/doublepost]
it's an illegal act of war, not "irrelevant".
leverage over what? did you know Assad is Russia's ally?
It's very simple - you keep deflecting or trying to change the topic being discussed. So I forgive you for your confusion. You made a false assertion originally and that is what I and others have replied to.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
You are gullible and batting a thousand. :rolleyes::oops: Fact Check says false. But be like Trump and the GOP keep repeating falsehoods until the minions swallow.
I love Irony. it's a bribe, plain & simple, here from your own liberal sources
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html
But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.
Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.
[doublepost=1499697474][/doublepost]
It's very simple - you keep deflecting or trying to change the topic being discussed. So I forgive you for your confusion. You made a false assertion originally and that is what I and others have replied to.
it's called context, one day you will learn about it......

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
then quote the relevant part, we have no business there to begin with.
Whether we should be there or not is irrelevant to the fact that a cease fire doesn't mean we're pulling out. We're done here. Because once again you refuse to admit that one is not the other - but instead want to talk about a 3rd point.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Assad 2020. Anyway, we should sticky this thread so we can look back at it a year from now when we're still there and laugh. Carry on folks.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Whether we should be there or not is irrelevant to the fact that a cease fire doesn't mean we're pulling out. We're done here. Because once again you refuse to admit that one is not the other - but instead want to talk about a 3rd point.
see post 14.. it's a start. and the 3rd point is valid because, AGAIN , WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN THE 1ST PLACE.
ocluless taking is there should be a war crime.

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
He campaigned on this and it is long past time! This Russian spy hacking nonsense had gone on far too long anyway.
As long as there is evidence of tampering and russian influence in western poliitics, it should contlinue to be investigated.

there's no such thing as "long enough". there's no statute of limitations on how long an investigation should go on before you just go "nahh, lets forget it".

as long as there is any thread of evidence, it should be followed

trying to pretend the Russian investigation isn't happening because some other action that occured that is unrelated, is disingenuous, and is exactly how foreign powers get away with it.

Never Forget, and Never allow it to continue.