US two days late then the rest of the world?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by garyleecn, Dec 13, 2016.

1. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

from what I gathered, the earliest date of delivery for AirPods in the US is 21st, while UK and some other countries/regions have it as early as 19th.
    UK even have 19th delivery for HOURS after US have gone 4 weeks.

what's happening to the US?

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

*Obnoxious model engaged* You guys get literally everything else first, cheaper, and in higher quantity, with better support, and priority in stock allocation. MacBook Pros over a week before us, iPhone 7 Pluses shipping way ahead of ours, and so on. So don't moan when someone else finally gets a bite of the cookie first! *Obnoxious mode disengaged* ;)

Seriously though, we will probably find that they do start arriving to some US customers on Monday, they are most likely being conservative with the estimate.

Other than that, it may be that in places like the UK the stock is already here in local distribution centres because the volume is much lower than in the states, whilst US orders will be shipping direct from China - with the addition risk of delay that entails, and hence a more conservative date.

Of course this is pure guesswork but I'd happily place a bet on some US orders arriving Monday.

:)

3. garyleecn thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't think so, its just Tuesday here, even if they have to ship it from china, they take orders today, ship them out tomorrow on Wednesday, it's very easily for them to get here even by Friday, not next Wednesday...
    plus it doesn't make any sense when UK have them in local distribution center while US not. remember US is the home market and probably the largest market for apple right?

4. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

It is still soon, I think we will see almost all preorders in the US shift to the 19th or all the UK orders to the 21st. And to the guy above, we should get things first considering we have the people that invite the things the worlds wants, are one of the globes youngest established babies and should get pampered. I kid of course but still lol!